• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Lorraine talking drivel again

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Lorraine has written another article for the Daily Post, which can be found (if you desperately want to be made to vomit, I mean, read it) on the icliverpool site as well the official trfc site.

She's talking utter rubbish about changing the points scoring system in football to a point for every goal scored as well as three points for a win, and then goes to show that arsenal would have won the premier league last year (who cares) with hundreds of points (who cares!) instead of Chelsea.

At least the stupid Americans sponsoring the Premier league to sell more lager-beer know to take the p**s out of their own lack of understanding of football - but Lorraine talks from the position of chairman of an English football club and doesn't even know how daft she sounds.

Well at least TRFC isn't playing in milton keynes or dublin I suppose (both of which she probably would have supported), and we aren't (yet) bottom of the league.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Three days ago I wrote:

although her spelling is much better than your average fourteen year old who has only just discovered football, she trots out what she hears other people saying and her opinions seem totally lacking in any perspective. thread link
And how does she open this new article?

Daily Post Oct 6 2005 said:
RESPECTED people in the game, like Arsene Wenger, have acknowledged that we need to find ways to stimulate more excitement in Premier League football.
Makes you sick, doesn't it?

:arrow: We don't give a flying f*** about the Premier League, pet.
:arrow: Please stick to what you know, whatever that is, and keep your nose out of the football side.

S

Seanyb

Well said NBDH. That is possibly the worst idea i have ever heard in my life. So a team who drew 5-5 would get more points then a team which won 1-0????????? What crap.

DixieDean

yes that points idea is total crud.....

personally i would change the system so that teams get no points for drawing 0-0. That will encourage them to attack and not do a Brian and sit back hoping for a bore draw.

oh no, i've gone off topic now....(braces himself for the impending thread closure) :D

B

Banana Army

Matthew The Rover said:
I'd like to see four points for a win.
Im happy. I enjoy seeing the tacticians of the game working hard to thwart the better teams. I find it really enjoyable to see a defense working perfectly as well as the attack so i see no reason why we need to change anything.

M

Matthew The Rover

I can see where your coming from, but f it was 4 points for a win, teams would be more eager to win, and therefore play more attacking football.

I also feel that teams should be awarded an extra point if they manage four goals in one game (like the four tries in Rugby rule).

One or other of these rules would be ok though, I don't think both would be needed.

B

Banana Army

Sorry but im going to have to disagree. I find nothing more annoying than the 5 try and 5 point rule in rugby and the batting and bowling points in cricket. I may be a bit of a traditionslist but i say keep it as it is.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I don't think it should be 4 points for just a win... maybe 4 points for a 3 goal win. So 3-0 or 4-1 would get 4 points whereas 2-1 or 3-1 would still only get 3 points.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
lorraine hasn;t a got a clue I don't think.

S

Seanyb

I think Lorraine should own a netball club rather then a football club.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
When she became director, she openly admitted she knew nothing about football. Now she has an opinion every week about the game. Did anyone read her article in the programme last night?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Ah yes Ian, the one that starts, after the highligted paragraph with:

Lorraine Rogers said:
However, there are some positives. The table also shows that we are the only Club in the League to be unbeaten at home.
D'oh!

Equally worrying (perhaps even more so) is Brian Little's completely slanted perspective, saying that he feels we've been competitive in every game we've played so far. I'm not sure which games he's been watching, but we've been a load of rubbish for at least half of every single game so far, even the ones we've got something from.

Joe_TRFC said:
I don't think it should be 4 points for just a win... maybe 4 points for a 3 goal win. So 3-0 or 4-1 would get 4 points whereas 2-1 or 3-1 would still only get 3 points.

don't talk about changing it to 4pts. were struggling to get three :!: :cry:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah :lol: Maybe we could time the change in rule for when we are doing well!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
bolton_hater said:
lorraine hasn;t a got a clue I don't think.
Ignoring the complex and confusing matter of bolton_hater's use of the english language there, I agree.

She just can't 'take the temperature' of the fans. Not at all. Not one bit. I mean come on.. "an Audience with Pauline Daniels" given full page adverts in the matchday magazine for weeks and weeks, then quietly cancelled when they didn't sell any tickets! The repeat of a bad sponsor deal to put "Liverpool" plastered across our shirts... charging more than a tenner for a brick which wasn't even entitled to be included in any new builds, charging season ticket holders for reserve matches, and early rounds of cups including the LDV, and charging them to get their names on the supporters shirt. Name plaques for seats at crazy prices that makes them not worthwhile, not buying enough matchday magazines so that they run out and most people can't buy them, bumping all the food prices up in price by at least 50p an item - it's just SO FAR off the mark.

And who can forget that she wanted to throw out a century's worth of tradition and rename the club 'Wirral United'. And you can bet she took those Dublin and Milton Keynes suggestions seriously, as well as the offer from that all-round shady bloke, the owner of Chester City FC. She is the person entrusted with the club, worrying isn't it!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

she is stupid and doesnt have a clue like Johnson. What she is on about man changing the point system fuck off to that view it would never be the same. She lackes knowledge about football in my opinion after seeing some of these comments

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
is that cos I put a semi-colon rather than an apsostrophe, its just a typo, I do english lanaguage A-Level :wink:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
No b_h it was because you accidentally used a double negative. That you do English A-Level either shows that you're the worst typist in the world, or that education is in cronic decline. Or perhaps both.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
No b_h it was because you accidentally used a double negative. That you do English A-Level either shows that you're the worst typist in the world, or that education is in cronic decline. Or perhaps both.

I think your right there mate lol :lol: