• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Looking ahead

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Right now with all the rumours about a takeover and change of manager - plus the lack of any firm news on Ronnie's and the players' future, I think I'd take a little more boring stability!

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Tranmere are bridesmaids, never the bride. They are a nearly team. Forgetting the Johnson era (screams uncontrollably!), Rovers are not going to follow Hull (my home team) into the top flight unless they get at least 4 or 5 really worthwhile players who have tasted the top level and want it back again.

The current team are not "triers". Before any Rovers die hards get on my back, look at the situation. If Rovers were promoted, a few of your players know they will be history because they do not have the bottle for the higher level. Ergo, they do not try that little bit harder, some of last season's results bear that out, game you should never have lost.

I want to see Rovers in the top flight, and stay there, but not a chance with this team. I lived in Rock Ferry and went to the Park regularly, but there is a missing key, a lack of that little bit extra. The best Rovers can look forward to next season is finishing a relatively successful season in 7th or 8th.

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Thats only one! Now you want another 4 ;)