• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Liverpool Ladies

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
While at the game last night, I heard there is a deal with the aforementioned for another two seasons.
anyone know anything?

Echo says the current deal expires this summer. Looks like Liverpool are still considering their options for next season and beyond.

Liverpool women have now signed a ten year deal to play at St Helens RLFC, starting next season.

Don’t know if the talk about bringing rugby union to Prenton Park has come to anything.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Liverpool women have now signed a ten year deal to play at St Helens RLFC, starting next season.

Don’t know if the talk about bringing rugby union to Prenton Park has come to anything.
Anybody know why they moved? Surely we have a great pitch that can stand extra wear and tear. However, I think Saints play on grass and during the summer.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Don't know the reason or the money involved but it's a blow to lose the income they provided.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
On the grapevine, the Ladies got a better deal.
As simple as that!
Tin hat on.

On the rugby query. PP has not got any room or run off for try area.
Playing area is too small from cowshed to kop.

Anybody know why they moved? Surely we have a great pitch that can stand extra wear and tear. However, I think Saints play on grass and during the summer.
They’ve outlined the additional benefits of the move here: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-women-set-new-home-stadium-2024-25. Presumably too we’re in no position to match a ten year lease, given the possibility of moving grounds in that time.
On the grapevine, the Ladies got a better deal.
As simple as that!
Suitably vague!
On the rugby query. PP has not got any room or run off for try area.
Playing area is too small from cowshed to kop.
Just a nod to recent ‘news’ reports e.g. https://www.feast-magazine.co.uk/sp...d-be-hosted-at-prenton-park-next-season-40158

Last edited:

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
no idea,don't know their playing surface area.
105 v our 102.5 but Newport is 102
That can't be an issue. What is an issue is that Caldy are in the Championship which is in freefall financially, they have no big games and the 2-3,000 they can cram in also spend at their amenities. Not seeing any potential there. I doubt league has any draw either but don't know. Caldy might not stay up!!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
105 v our 102.5 but Newport is 102
That can't be an issue. What is an issue is that Caldy are in the Championship which is in freefall financially, they have no big games and the 2-3,000 they can cram in also spend at their amenities. Not seeing any potential there. I doubt league has any draw either but don't know. Caldy might not stay up!!
I don't think there is any relegation this season in the championship as Jersey Reds went bust.