• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Little leaves

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, it's happened. Little has finally gone.
Sorry, but it long overdue! =D>

Your thoughts...

Claire

Made up -rumour has it Reidy was at the club this week! co-incidence or what!

Claire

P

Prenton

Yeh, i'm well happy too, although it shouldn't have taken this long. If the whole Peter Reid thing is true i'm not to sure of how i feel about him taking over. It'll be a bit of excitement though whatever happens.

DixieDean

=D> \\:D/ \\:D/ =D>

no need for words at this great time....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
=D> \\:D/ \\:D/ =D>

no need for words at this great time....
lol. just waiting for NBDH response now..

DixieDean

I wasn't going to renew my season ticket if Little was still there and had already spent the money in my head.... :roll: Ah well, I'd much rather have it this way :lol:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I am completely made up now. I was just talking to someone before I logged on about how I wasn't looking forward to next season if Little was still in charge.

I don't think the Peter Reid connection is that much of a bad idea. I think he could work well with someone like McAteer assisting. I've always thought Jason brought in a bit of positivity but correct me if I'm wrong.

Now definitely onward and upward!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
DixieDean said:
I wasn't going to renew my season ticket if Little was still there
its actually a very important point that. in wonder if lorraine has this in the back of her mind. i knew a few people who said the same as yourself, as season ticket sales would have decreased for sure with little still in charge.

now, we must hope and prey they find a good replacement. they've hardly had a great record of managers since aldo left.

J

Johnny King is God

Whilst this is great news - I think I will save my celebrations until a manager that isnt Jason McAteer has been appointed. If trigger gets it, it could be out of the frying pan, and straight into the fire.

Personally I would love to see any of:

Aldo, Ronnie Moore, Peter Reid, or at a stretch David Kelly.

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Hello Gents. New to the forum but have been a "voyeur" for some time. My username belies my age....save to say I was brought up on Mathias the player rather than the manager!
The Board have shown remarkable loyalty to Little (loyalty that wasn't extended to poor Ray) but they have retained some credibility with the announcement. The new man joins at the ideal time for contract talks etc and it will be his team that kicks off the new season.
I was always going to renew tickets for my son and I but as others have said, without a change sales would have slumped. There just wasn't a feelgood factor anymore was there?
Ah well....could be a good summer after all!!!!

DixieDean

welcome Cow Shed Kid. =D>

Let's hope we get a few more of the voyeurs joining in now that there's plenty to talk about. Come on guys (and girls) we won't bite!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I cant believe how great this is. We can now look ahead to the future. It feels like such a weight has been lifted.

DixieDean

Ian said:
I cant believe how great this is. We can now look ahead to the future.

Cow Shed Kid joining us is good news, I admit, but come on, I think Brian leaving is making you doo-lally... oh, hang on a minute.... #-o

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yep made up!
So I take it Dixie is renewing his season ticket? :wink:

S

Seanyb

One thing I wanna know is what happens to the shortlist of players BL apperantely had lined up to sign for the club?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm happy that he has gone but do feel that if we don't make an appointment in the next week or two then we may as well have kept Little. We need a quick but good appointment so that the new manager can get his team assembled well before the new season! Personally I wouldn't mind Peter Reid as manager but would love David Kelly to come... but can't see this happening. I think Lorraine has handled this situation very well if I am honest too!

M

Matthew The Rover

Delighted he's gone. Now Lorraine, please appoint Shaun Garnett or David Kelly :-D