• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Little in charge next season

Do you want Little in charge next season?

• Total voters

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, let's put the cards down on the table. Who wants Little in charge next season. If possible, explain your reasons for/against.

DixieDean

i was open at the start of the season (on here) and stated that I didnt want little as manager. I felt we were lucky last season and with our creative options going I predicted a finish of 16th and was promptly slated by all and sundry.

I take no joy in knowing how right i was back then and put quite simply the sooner Brian goes, the better. He is ripping the heart out of this club.

But Lorraine made the mistake of extending the muppet's contract and now we are stuck with him. Next season he will use the excuse of "it is a transitional season as most of the squad have left". And that will be his excuse when we drop to League 2.

DixieDean

come on, who put yes? Lorraine? Explain yourself...... :lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
well its a public vote, so i'll leave it as that!
i voted no of course. simply because i cant see this guy taking the club any further. if he's in charge next season the team will get worse, the performances will be just as bad and we'll struggle to stay in the division.

what can little do to improve the team next season? with his negativity, his attitude, his motiviation, or lack of it, i cant see how him saying, 'wait till the season is over, and we'll regroup' will do any good. does anyone actually believe him.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Absolutely Not!

Doing well in this division is 50% confidence and 50% ability IMHO. We have the ability but not the confidence, we need a manager with fire in his belly who will give the players a kick up the arse and make them believe that they can go out and wipe the floor with every team in this division.

I know it sounds a bit naive to say that all we have to do is believe but at this level of the game I believe it's mostly true.

J

Johnny King is God

I wish he would go, but he will stay, and try to make us harder to beat next season.

Part of me feels a bit sorry for the guy - losing Hume and Taylor - the only creative sparks in the team in such quick succession, and there are some good buys - Greenacre for example...BUT...he let Paul Hall go. He hasnt effectively replaced the players he has lost. He plays the best left back in the division out of position to the point that he will now probably leave the club, probably to play as a left back at a 'better' club (and good luck to him if he does leave, by the way). He hasnt got a clue tactically, stab in the dark hit and miss childs play. He insists on buying players he has managed before, like thats any kind of reference. And he is about as awe inspiring as rotheram on a wet and windy monday morning.

Personally I agree with Gray and would love to have someone with a bit of passion to fire us up a bit.

Suggestions..Peter Reid? Ronnie Moore? Aldo??

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Suggestions for new manager. My mate was saying David Kelly.

J

Johnny King is God

lost again today, it keeps getting worse.

anyone know any hitmen?

Ally

Player
Aldo
No, I don't want him to stay. He's rubbish. Agree with Gray - at this level it does tend to be about passion and belief, rather than having the best players, because most players in this league are around a similar level (somewhere between completely rubbish and just fairly s h i t).

There's not much difference in ability between Blackpool's starting 11 and Yeovil, Bradford, Gillingham etc, so it's about how the manager makes the players feel, how he motivates them and inspires confidence in them. Look at Martin Allen, Steve Tilson and Peter Jackson (not the slimmer of the year film director, but the 'Uddersfield boss). They all wear their hearts on their sleeves with their clubs and show real emotions. We've got a pessimistic accountant in charge. Ace isn't it?

S

Steve

Little should go.

As much as i would love him to go,we can't afford for him to go as we would have to pay him off. Then we wouldn't have the money to pay for someone else to come in, and lets face it, who would come to PP? I personally would love to see a new manager and alot of new faces on the playing side aswell. BL has had his chance but has all to often shown he is too negative and has no balls when it comes to team selection, he does not motovate the players at all. You can even see the players have no confidence in him, never mind the fans. I can see the better players out of a very mediocre squad leaving at the end of the season ie; Robbo to a champ team, Sharps to Crewe or QPR [heard rumour about that one].
To be honest, the only player i would keep out of that squad is Greenacre, but i can see another club coming in for him. Little and Rogers would sell him to make up for our crap cup runs.](*,)

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
NO! NOT AT ALL! Whoever said yes deserves a slap!

Claire

Won't let me vote, as Steve already has done, but for what it's worth I wish he would do the decent thing and go. I'm the last person to have a go at players or managers when we are doing bad, but enough is enough. I'm totally at a loss to descibe what has happened to my team this season and it's getting to be very embarrassing!!!! So it time for a change and the sooner the better.

Just off subject - sorry Ian but I know you and Scoops were Alex Hay fans, he's now at Leigh RMI.

Cheers

Claire

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Actually, it was more Coops who was the Alex Hay fan :whistle:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Cheers for that Claire! I'll keep an eye on their score on Saturday, Ian doesn't know a good player if it hit him on the head!!!:lol: :wink:

Player
Morrisey
I think that the club are thinking that to termninate his contract would be too much of a financial burden on the club. However I think that it would be worse for the club to slip into league two! think about it Lorraine get him out he is destroying the club!

my answer was no of course. i have never liked the man since the 2-0 away defeat by hartlepool in the play-offs. he went there with the attitude and team selection to get a 0-0 draw and when it went wrong he never had a plan b!also he took us to 3rd place with his negative attitude and team selection throughout the season.so many times we would be winning 1-0 or 2-1 and he would go defensive,as a result this cost us so many points and therfor ultimatly 2nd place to hull.this season has proved brian little is a poor manager.how he can keep on picking harrison,facey,raven, and his stupid tactics is beyond me! you no the tune............................

"who needs mourinho,we do actually,b'cos little is a nob and we can't win for toffee"

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
how he can keep on picking harrison,facey,raven, and his stupid tactics is beyond me!
yes, i wonder about this a lot. quite how facey gets in the team is beyond me, but then i think, well has he got any other choice? his squad is quite limited.

i think sometimes the decisions are forced upon him. having said this, that's not an excuse, i still want him out :whistle:

BOBBY CONN

I've said from day one Harrison was ***** and from my limited sightings of Facey he looks turd too, you only have to look at the no. of clubs he has been at to know that he has never made enough of an impression anywhere...
I have never seen Raven, with me being away, but by the sounds of it he had a bit of beginners luck at Liverpool on his debut and has been ***** for us...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Raven is average even in this league. I don't see him staying at Liverpool much longer.

Facey although possessing pace and skill, is too lazy to use it.