• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

LDV draw TRFC v

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We seem to be getting a bit of luck in the LDV draw this season... we need to make sure we use it.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer its going our way this season lets enjoy it and go for it why not eh?

B

bwilliams

i hope we win it, i think we have a great chance

plus a trip to Cardiff

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

It will be a great if we can win it this is our chance

Come on rovers!! I wanna go to Cardiff after missing out last season

Player
Morrisey
Yeah a trip Cardiff would be good but I would prefer to make sure we are safe in the league but if a cup run wont hurt then It would be ace!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

So would I mate but the LDV is never taken seriosly by no one until the area final or area semi final

Player
Morrisey
Teams like Hereford United will take the competition seriously as it is valuable revenue and they know they could draw wrexham and win and stand a chance of progressing far. But as for League one it is a bit of a 'Micky Mouse cup'.

J

Johnny King is God

Its a day out I suppose - but I researched the prize money last year and it was £50k for the winners.

Rubbish.

M

Matthew The Rover

I'd rather we won the LDV and finish 16th this season than go out early and finish 10th.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I thought the prize money for the winners was 500k in total. Also don't forget the revenue that will come through the game being live on sky sports... I think we could really do with getting to the final and winning it!

Yeah Matthew I agree... I'd rather win this and finish in a lowly but safe position then finish higher up but miss out on the play offs.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Revenue from the LDV is next to nothing in reality. Most of the time, it is more expensive for TRFC to put the game on when we play Rochdale/Carlisle in front of a few people. A trip to Cardiff would be the only to make money due to merchandise etc.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yer I heard at the early rounds its more expenisive to play them but as you go through and get the higher rounds we should start wining the money.

DixieDean

perhaps that's why clubs like Rochdale stick reserves out so that they pay out less in appearance fees (and possible win bonuses).

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yer good point, I Still think that for LDV games players like Wilson and Dagnall should start, cos I dont like seeing players getting the carrers wasted keeping the bench warm.

Also, players like Theo should start, no point risking injuries to our best players in a competition that doesnt really attract much attention.

dont get me wrong I still want to win it :lol:

A

AndyRoo16

I want to go Cardiff!!!!

I think we will scrape through past Carlisle, after all a lil bit of form seems to be returning......

I want us to face Swansea in de final an wipe de smile off Trundles fat face!!!!!!
:D

DixieDean

bolton_hater said:
yer good point, I Still think that for LDV games players like Wilson and Dagnall should start, cos I dont like seeing players getting the carrers wasted keeping the bench warm.

Also, players like Theo should start, no point risking injuries to our best players in a competition that doesnt really attract much attention.

dont get me wrong I still want to win it :lol:

I think the idea playing our best 11 is all about them getting confidnece (hopefully by winning). When you are down the bottom of the table, mincing about with the team all the time does more harm than good imo.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yer I see what you mean there. dont you think players like ranks should be rested though.