• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Laters Welshy

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Sorry to see him gone. On his day a good solid L1 player.

Cant help however than think it a little starnge that Les had promised him one thing then Ronnie offered him a lot less. Almost makes me think that Ronnie has probably got someone lined up who he wants as HIS captain. Wouldnt surprise me if you see someone come in who Ronnie has worked with before and is instilled as captain.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Seems really odd if we offered him less than before as RM seemed to rate highly his contribution.

I think he will be one of those players that is not always eye catching but will be missed a lot when he has gone. Yes there are lots of hard tackling defensive midfielders around the lower divisions but we will do well to find a replacement as good as John. PNE are saying that several clubs were after him - the move makes sense for him so hope it works out well.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Welsh will definitely be missed. To say he can be easily replaced is rubbish. If so, a talented and streetwise manager with money like Graham Westley would have snapped those "replacements" up before signing Welshy.

With all due respect to the talented and streetwise Graham Westley, I've seen a lot more of John Welsh than he has, and therefore feel that my opinion of him stands on sufficiently firm ground so as to stand up against his.

We effectively replaced Dale Jenno with Devaney last year and still managed to finish higher in the table. Point being that better players than John Welsh leave most seasons, sometimes they are replaced by better, sometimes not, but ultimately as long as the squad improves as a whole then we don't have too much to worry about. For example, I expect that whoever replaces Enoch will represent an vast improvement in value for money terms.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
preston must want all our rejects 0 just signed shane sherriff :neutral: