• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Lateef Elford-Alliyu and Scott Wootton

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Another loanee from WBA, 5'8" striker, with one league appearance as a sub for Hereford to his name. Sounds like a promising youngster, (made their squad for a Cup tie in 2008), who seems to have lost his way. However, rather like Sam Mantom, you can't help wondering if we'd be better off giving a chance to some of our own youngsters like Max Power and Cole Stockton, rather than bolster West Brom's fringe reserves.

I am pleased to see Scott Wootton back, he played pretty well in his earlier loan spell and with our current defensive injuries we can feel more confident about the quality of cover at the back.

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Wouldn't it be easier if we changed our kit colour to blue and white stripes and put a throstle on the front of it................!

On the plus side I heard a lot of good things about Wootton when he was here before - doesnt say much for the confidence Les has in Wood tho.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I tend to agree with Boz that the Wootton signing makes total sense, but the other two less so. It worries me a bit that with so many inexperienced players coming into the club it will be impossible for them to gel, and we could see a return to the disjointed, inconsistent performances of the first couple of months of the season.

From the descriptions of the striker it does not sound like he can perform the Enoch role, and if he is simply going to be a bench warmer Stockton probably would be a better bet.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I kinda don't mind these deals. We wouldn't have ended up with Labadie, Andy Taylor etc without having brought them in on loan first. It doesn't cost us much to take a look - if they're rubbish in training, Les doesn't pick 'em, we ship 'em back.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not so sure. How much of Sam Mantom would Les actually have seen before he was thrust into the action last Tuesday, having arrived that day or the previous evening? Wouldn't Max Power, who's been on the bench a bit, played with some on the current first team in the reserves, have been better equipped for the game? The quality of loanees we've used this season has not been good, excepting Gulasci (who we already knew about) and Wootton. It may be of more value to give some of our own youngsters a chance to see if they can deliver or not. While not everyone will be a Dale Jennings, there is arguably more benefit to blooding home grown talent than West Brom reserves.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
LEA loan extended to early April

Great to see Lateef is with us for another month. His injury obviously can't be serious. We need someone like him in the side. He adds something different to the team. His goals per game ratio is the best in the club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lateef out for the season now - wish him well and thanks for his decent performances including Plymouth away and Sheff Wed at home.

Les is talking about bringing a striker in before the deadline

Player
Goodison
We don't need yet another striker, we need a right winger, does Les need brain surgery to realise this?!?!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
To be honest, a striker wouldn't be a bad addition, however

1. Les doesn't play with more than one up front
2. He would have to be useful otherwise he may as well rot on the bench and join the other wasters such as McGurk and erm.. Morrow, and Akins.