• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Keith Alexander linked

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
According to vitalfootball.co.uk, Keith Alexander, who resigned as Lincoln manager yesterday has already had an interview at Tranmere for the vacant manager's job.

Vastly experienced in the low and non-league scene, he'll certainly know how to operate on a shoe-string budget. Not entirely convinced that it's good news. The pinnacle of his playing career in 88-90 he played for Grimsby Town, so not exactly a wealth of top-level playing experience either. If he is selected it wouldn't grab people as an immediately inspiring appointment.

Maybe he'd be good for us, as last time around with Brian Little appointing a big name did us no good at all - perhaps appointing someone with no reputation at the top level would be a welcome change. Perhaps he'd be someone who knows what they're doing instead of just talking like they do.

Then again maybe he would be another Lorraine lap-dog. Who knows.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, I've heard his name mentioned a few times recently. There's many who think he'd do a good job.

Let's take a look at his record:

ka5pp.jpg

He's only managed 261 games in total. Winning 94 of them. Thats a 36% win ratio. However he's taken the Imps to 4 successive play-offs.

On his leaving, he said, "Like everyone else I need to work but I'm going to go away and have a couple of weeks' holiday and see, now that I'm available, what turns up. I've got one or two irons in the fire and I've got one or two offers of media work. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens."