• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

John Curtis

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Big John Curtis is in pre-season training on a trial basis.
He may even take part in tomorrow's pre-season game against Liverpool.

Your thoughts?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sign him up... would be good signing.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
Also thought Curtis looked solid, sign him up.
I think a back four of him, taylor, kay and goodison would measure up as one of the strongest in the division.
And with Coyne in goal we should be pretty tight.

Player
Liam Palmer
Agree, get him signed. Think the defence is fine, think we have options up front (though not convinced Greenacre/Moore together is an option) but midfield is a worry. Has Jennings signed? We must have him this season. The rest of them look patchwork players. I think we will miss McLaren, if for nothing else but his set-pieces.

And Curren must get a chance.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
Not heard anything about Jenno but Moore's assertion that O'Callaghan was 'a little off the pace' was a total understatement.
He almost looked confused! Obviously he'll need a bit of time but I wasnt impressed.
As for Curran, you're right, his blatant natural ability needs to be combined with more minutes on the pitch.

Player
Achterberg
curtis will come good, no way would old red nose at trafford have picked him if he didnt have something about him

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
My query about Curtis is in what way is he an improvement on Stockdale? Haven't seen him in action and his record shows a history of injuries.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not sure that explanation holds water TT64. Stockdale wasn't offered a new deal unlike others who left as there were better pickings elsewhere. Curtis comes from a league above, presumably with wage expectations to match.

Player
Liam Palmer
I'm not sure that explanation holds water TT64. Stockdale wasn't offered a new deal unlike others who left as there were better pickings elsewhere. Curtis comes from a league above, presumably with wage expectations to match.

Not a serious analysis by me - just that we are losing players because we can't afford them. I'm hopeful Curtis will sign - the club's dead keen, I think he will.

As for Jenno, apparently he has another year to run on his contract. I thought he was out of contract??? It's just he hasn't signed a new contract yet.