• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

John Breckin leaves

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just read about John Breckin leaving the club. Not sure what kinda impact he has on the players but Ronnie's right-hand man for 12 years so they've been a team and now they're breaking that up. Hopefully Ronnie can find a good replacement like Mathias did bringing Ned Kelly in... only we want someone who's a bit more loyal than Ned who ran off at the first sniff of a btter offer when things were going well at Tranmere.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Is there too much friction between Ronnie & Jason McAteer to work together?

Or what about bringing Shaun Garnett up from the youth set up?

Would Mathias come back?

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
He's a loyal sort Mathias so doubt he would leave Ince at Macclesfield anyway.
This could bring Jason's position to a head. If he is overlooked for the job it will give him the ideal opportunity/reason to move on.
He hasn't played as many games this season as last but I get the impression he has had a bigger influence. He's regularly on Talk Sport and Soccer AM and he's nothing if not a good talker. I'm sure his football brain is far superior to his intellectual grey matter!!
Kelly was still classed as "one of the boys" when he took up his position and Jason has already had a bedding in season of seeing it from both sides of the fence. I'd like to see him get it.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Personally i'd like to see Mathias brought back but like has already been said I doubt he'd leave Macclesfield. If lets give Shaun Garnett a try... I reckon he'd do a good job. I wouldn't be suprised to see someone who has played under Ronnie get it. Maybe a player from his Rotherham days?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
John King!

Player
Morrisey
Yes. Good shout there Ian. :lol:

I would love that. If King came back and then Ian Moore and Danny Coyne. Perhaps we could sign Branch and McGreil too. Back to the good old days. Apparently there is one of Leeds Backromm staff who has been linked but I dont know who he is.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
And we could get, Ian Moore Moore Moore who has been released from his 5k a week contract at Leeds Utd.

Does anyone think McAteer is in with a shout?