• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Job Candidates

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

So who would come do you think? Or who would you like to see take over from Mr. Little?

I'd personally go for either David Kelly or Stan Ternant

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
My heart says Ronnie Moore.

My head says we need someone with management experience at a higher level.

Although, isn't that what we have with BL?

In short, I don't know :?

DixieDean

it's always difficult to think of a manager that can improve a club's fortunes. Who knows if his style will fit in with the current squad. I know you can say "replace some of the squad" but before we can do that, we have to get rid of the replaceable players and quite simply: who's going to take the likes of Whitmore, Wilson, Goodison and Harrison off us?
Releasing them would cost us.

I believe that a change is not always a good thing. Stats show that: overall, changing a manager mid season does not improve results.
However, I would also say that Brian is clueless and will have us playing League 2 footie next season.

I also believe that as soon as HE believes we are doomed, he will walk, and I reckon it will be around the february mark, which will leave us with little chance of bringing in fresh players.

It will then be a lottery as to whether a new manager can keep us up.
I'd actually go for Ray Matthias. Team him up with someone passionate like Ned Kelly and I believe he'd keep us up.

In Ray's last season, despite us struggling for points, we played better football than at 95% of the time since, under Brian. Remeber the game against Wrexham when they beat us with 2 scorchers? we had not been second best in that game. We had also recently outplayed Nottm Forest (who were going well in the Championship) in the cup before they beat us on penalties.
Ray's teams play good flowing, passing football. Something Brian seems incapable of coaching. Ray is Tranmere through and through and is tried and tested. We know what we'd get from him. Any other manager (regardless of their history) is a big risk. Employing Brian is proof of that.

Griff

McAteer....

Hes already in place
He knows the players
He always appears to be passionate about the game

Whoever comes in has to do it with BL's players at least until the summer when the short term contracts run out for the Jamacans. As for Harrison, I wouldnt trust him to serve drinks at the bar, I doubt anyone would want to buy him.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

McAteer said hes not ready for managerment yet but if Litle goes I would go for Stan Ternant or John Gregory.

S

Seanyb

Ian Rush for me! With Macteer assistant. I know its a bit of a celebrity manager rather than experienced manager but being a celebrity manager can help attract better names and also Rush has strong links to Liverpool, which is always a good feeder club.

DixieDean

Rush and McAteer...now there's a brain dead duo if ever there was one....

S

Seanyb

DixieDean said:
Rush and McAteer...now there's a brain dead duo if ever there was one....

How come?

Rushy didn't do that bad at chester, he is just inexperienced, but that means you wud get him on a cheaper wage!!! And as far as this 'brain dead duo', I think macteer is cleverer then a lot of people think. I think people assume he's a crap coach because he was a crap footballer for us. I think if you gave them a chance, thatwud be a gud call.

M

Matthew The Rover

Rush didn't do a good job at Chester though! It was very possible we would get relegated if he didn't go.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Really, we need experience in this situation. The likes of Rush/McAteer, they wouldn't have a clue how to hold the club up, I'd see us sinking faster than we are now!

I dont know who's out there, but someone who's got experience in keeping afloat sinking ships :D :roll:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Rushy no way. Macca give him a chancem he knows everyone already so theres an advatage but not that polular to most people.

Stan Ternant or Keith Curle

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:
Haha, I hope that was a joke :lol: :shock:

Seriously, we don't want to be moving backwards.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I wouldn't take Ian Rush. A lad who attends my dad's shop his name is Peter who is a tranmere fan said John Barnes no fucking way would I have him!! I feel we need a experience manager who has gained promotions before

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Johnny King's SuperWhite Army! =D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm sure I saw somewhere that someone suggested Joe Kinnear and Mick Harford as a duo. Doubt we could afford both of them, but i'd be happy with that.