• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ian Moore signs New contract

evo_trfc

Im more concerned the club are counting this as a new signing! Very worrying times ahead guys! No players the squad we have at the moment would get relegated, Unless Barnes brings in 8-10 new players we will struggle to win a game! Jennings Kay Chorley all gone no signs or rumours of anyone coming in!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think Ian Moore is one of the most overrated players in our small squad. Alongside Andy Taylor perhaps.

Edit: Jesus Christ, a two year contract!? He's 33 next month...

:/

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't know if true, but heard he'd agreed a deal before his Dad was sacked. Moore was our 2nd highest scorer last season, despite playing half the season on the wing. He's younger than Goodison, who I thought was also on a 2 year deal? Overall not bad news.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Don't know if true, but heard he'd agreed a deal before his Dad was sacked. Moore was our 2nd highest scorer last season, despite playing half the season on the wing. He's younger than Goodison, who I thought was also on a 2 year deal? Overall not bad news.

He's supposed to be a striker and I think he scored 10. Looked useless on the wing last season, marginally better up top, still didn't score many. I don't think he'll be much use when he's nearly 35, put it that way. Goodison's contract is even more ridiculous IMO so shouldn't be used as a benchmark

...One year contract, fair play. Two? hmm.

All in all would prefer to see Curran start ahead of him when fit.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
yeah, it's hardly sent the pulse racing..
lets see some fresh faces, not ones that are 33-years old, that, lets face it, no-one else really wants..

i'd agree with SonkORLY and would play curran ahead of him too.

come on barnes, you can do better than this!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There's no pleasing some people, but I'm just relieved someones re-signed. Ian Moore playing half a season up front still scored more than our 'main' man Bas. Savage isn't going to be fit for August, so that only leaves Moore Curran + Gornell to pick up front, with McAuley & Shuker if things get desparate. While I take the point about a 2 year deal, the fact a waning Goodison gets one sets a precedent.