• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

How are we doing so far?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
OK, it's probably too early to judge, but I've been looking at last season's results and worked out some statistics you may find interesting.

After six games we are now tenth with nine points. At the same stage last year we were top with 13 points. So it looks like we are doing a lot worse.

However, look at who we've played so far and compare the result with last season. We lost at Swindon and at home to Oldham, and beat Hartlepool at home (same results as last season). But we beat Northampton at home (draw last year) and beat Huddersfield away (lost last time). So like for like in those five games, we are five points better off than last season. (We didn't play Leicester last year, of course.)

Being optimistic, I could say we've had a lot of tough games and easier ones may be ahead.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The Leicester game was a tough one. I don't think any of us are surprised at that result. The other results have been pretty standard, losing away, winning at home. I think the most disappointing game so far has been the Oldham game at home. One of the best results so far is Huddersfield away. Great result!

Similar to last season really, but I've seen us create a lot of chances this season which is encouraging.

Player
Goodison
Were doing better than I though we would be doing however I still believe last years side was better (Apart from G Taylor), with the exception of Shotton. I think we will finish about 12th.