• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Henry to TNS

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Young Paul Henry has been loaned out to Welsh Premier side The New Saints - TNS. Til the end of the season. A promising midfield player who isn't truly benefiting from us having two in form in Jennings and McLaren in the heart of midfield, and the likes of Mullin and Jones and Ahmed on the fringes.

Hopefully it will help Paul like it did for Jenno and we might see Henry jnr in the Tranmere side doing well next season :-D

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think thats a good idea... He needs games and he's not getting them here. We should hopefully benefit next season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it's a good move. Young players need to be playing in competitive games. Plus, they want to be playing. They are young lads with bags of energy. I hope he does well there..

Player
Goodison
why didn't they just get rid of mullin and move henry up the pecking order?

I thought people said he was man of the match against Luton.

At least he will get some first team expierence at TNS though.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The problem is someone has to come in for Mullin to do that... as he is under contract we just can't get shot of him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't know how much longer Mullin has left on his contract?

I think this is a bad move, League of Wales is probably around conference standard, Johnston was loaned to another League of Wales team earlier in the season and hasn't surfaced since. Likewise Danny Holmes at Southport. If Ronnie Moore had been manager 15 years ago, his son would now be a policeman or bus conductor, as he'd never have had the chances that Kingy gave him.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
In Ronnie's most recent press conference he actually mentioned how well Danny Holmes is coming on at Southport and said he expects him to be involved more in the 1st team next season. He also said Paul Henry still trains with us Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and thinks he will be a 1st team player next season.

By the way I think John Mullin's contract must expire at the end of this season? He was only given a 2 year deal when we signed him and he hasn't signed an extension at all.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
After his performance at Luton, when he played his heart out for the full 90 minutes, I was amazed to see Paul Henry never made the first team again. It must have been very frustrating for him. But then Ronnie has a good record of loaning players out. I'm happy to trust him on this one. Just watch for him next season!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
But then Ronnie has a good record of loaning players out. I'm happy to trust him on this one.

I'm not so convinced, can't think of any players who he's loaned out and have come back and made an impact. Ronnie tends to rank players on experience, rather than current form, which is unfortunate and holds the younger players back. Mullin for example looked far from convincing in his 30 minute stint v Yeovil

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Perhaps.

Jennings had about 70 appearances under his belt, when he went on loan to Hereford, who were a league below us. Reports suggested that he played quite well for them, until their boss opted to pick players who would be with the Bulls next season. Think it's more due to circumstances with Mullin's injury that he's got so many starts this season, although he is a much improved player