• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Harry back at Pompey

A

AndyRoo16

Harry has rejoined Portsmouth as im sure we all predicted....
i think this will be good for Pompey....
However, would anyone hear allow a former manager who left to a rival club to rejoin your team???

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Well it all depends. If Brian Little left to join another team, it really wouldn't matter which team it was as I'd not have him back at all, ever.

But a hypothetical good manager, who say went to Neverton - I guess yeah I wouldn't grumble at the return of a good manager, and that's what it boils down to I guess.

The exception to the rule being if a good manager went to Noblot, there's no coming back from there.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

AndyRoo16 said:
i
However, would anyone hear allow a former manager who left to a rival club to rejoin your team???

My answer to that is no, any manger that does that is a money grabber and if BL done that and he came back I wouldnt back him on his return.

Harry Redknapp going back is mad, why did he quit pompey anyway if he knew he still loved the club? MADNESS

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh what a fickle game it is!
Watching the Portsmouth fans chanting his name this morning.

Can't repeat what they were chanting 12 months ago!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
If i was a pompey fan I wouldnt agree simlpy beacuse theres plenty of managers out there and they go for someone who every portsmouth fan hate.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The problem is that Harry Redknapp did such a good job for them especially at the start of his 1st spell there that it would be hard not to want him back if you are a Pompey fan. It's a tough one... I'd have a manager like Harry back just because I think he is a good manager. So yes I would have a good manager back.