• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Harrogate v Rovers

Match result

• Harrogate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Rovers

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harrogate v Rovers
Posted by Ian
CNG Stadium
Saturday, October 22, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 22, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Next up for Rovers a relatively short trip to the CNG Stadium to face Harrogate Town as we return to league football. Harrogate have been struggling to find form in league two although they did win their last league game 1-0 albeit against no hopers Hartlepool. Their league record reads won three with two draws and eight defeats so far with a GD of -7.

On the flip side, Rovers are in confident mood having won their last five league games on the spin and are the form team in the division. Micky should have a full squad to choose from apart from Paul Lewis who will be out for a few weeks with a hamstring problem. Tom Davies returns to full training to put some pressure on Simeu and Turnbull whilst Bristow is a slight doubt for Saturday but chances are he'll be fine to start.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I've gone for a draw as think we will finally concede a goal but Hemmings will level it up 1 1.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We’ll do well to keep another clean sheet as Muldoon and Armstrong can score at this level. Hopefully Hemmings can get one and I don’t see why if we get the first goal we can bring home another 3 points

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We must be favourites, although our run must end one day. I’ve voted for a win, as I think we are now a formidable side. It’s a shame about Lewis but I expect the in-form Nevitt to partner Hemmings up front. I don’t mind who scores as long as we win, but I would love Kane to bag a brace.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
If we can get Kan scoring and Big Nev is on fire your Defence is Terrified Big Nev on fire your defense is Terrified

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Based on current form we should be confident of a Something-0 victory. Any predictions other than that are taking into account that we are... erm... Tranmere Rovers.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Based on current form we should be confident of a Something-0 victory. Any predictions other than that are taking into account that we are... erm... Tranmere Rovers.
And that I’m going to the game, last away win seen Stockport staying up game under Les Parry:(

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We should definitely be targeting three points from this game. Harrogate have a couple of decent strikers on paper, but they have not been prolific this season and the hosts seem set for a relegation battle. If we get anywhere near the performance levels of recent weeks we will win the game.

I think we will be unchanged, save for Nevitt replacing the injured Lewis.

I fancy a 2-0 Rovers victory, with Morris scoring one of the goals.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Train problems meant I only just arrived at the ground. Hope it’s worth it… No surprises with line-up

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Quite an open game with chances for both sides.

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
I wish Micky would stop playing “hoofball”
Every goal kick is hoofed up the pitch and mist times is back in our half with a Harrogate attack a few seconds later !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit of poor defending there for the opener. Caught out with a through ball, they round Doohan, hit the post, the rebound is not dealt with quick enough and Daly hits it in.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I was just about to post that we'd gone 500 minutes without conceding goal. Blame it on me. :(