• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Happy St Yates' Week

• Thread starter Johnny King is God
  • Start date
Player
Morrisey
:-$ Let's have a minutes silence for St. Yates :-$

What a game!!

J

Johnny King is God

Interesting that he came out of retirement yesterday aged 35 to play for Halifax...

We need a right back too......

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Ah the memories of that season!!

An incredible match. I was the only drunk Tranmere fan in Dublin that night I think!!

I have to admit that my all time favourite match is still the 4-3 comeback against Southampton. I remember going out with my mates that night because I couldn't watch. My brother kept texting me the result and by half time I had decided that enough was enough and I didn't want to know anymore. But when he kept texting me in the second half I thought he was winding me up. He taped the match for me and when I got home that night I stayed up half the night rewinding the second half over and over again to watch the replays.

And this Christmas he got me the DVD from the club shop and I couldn't have been more chuffed.

Andy Parkinson will still go down as one of my favourite players of all time. I'd be hard pushed to find a more natural attacking player. He's one of the fastest movers I've ever witnessed. Shades of Terry Phelan :D :D

Player
Morrisey
He was lightening! I remember against hereford in the F.A cup when he played on the left. He bossed the game with his pace.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
ahh the memories! what a game, it was all too good to be true!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Reember the song 'Steve Yates is a goal machine'? Classic memories!! Happt St Yates week and happy St Yates day for tomorrow everone

M

Matthew The Rover

I have an article to celebrate the game coming out tomorrow, St. Steve's day so if I have your permission, may I post it in this thread?

J

Johnny King is God

Well you dont need my permission. I would say though that an article for your site is just that.

M

Matthew The Rover

I know that but we should share on such a happy day :lol:

J

Johnny King is God

Well we can share by logging onto Tranmere Rovers Mad if we want to read it then cant we?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
On this day 6 years ago, Rovers thrashed Notlob 3-0 to make a major cup final! That was another great celebration! :lol: Happy days, where have they all gone???

M

Matthew The Rover

They went when we appointed that turnip from Everton in charge

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm sure we will have more of those days in the future... at the moment we are just going through a lull.