• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Good bye George Best

S

Seanyb

Sad sad news today about Super George Best. The greatest footballer of the 20th century, will be sadly missed.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

A very good player in his time. His death was his own fault and I feel he could of prevented his own death but he wants to be remembered by his footballing skills and not his drinking skills.

RIP George Best

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer self inflicted but its still sad news. RIP Georgey.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The fifth Beatle!
What a life he led. Football superstar, idolised by millions, loved his women, loved his drink, and yes, ultimately it was his downfall, but he certainly did it in style.

RIP George.

B

Banana Army

RIP Geore

RIP Richard - shame he wont be remembered as much as he should be due to the date of his death, but you'll be sorely missed

M

Matthew The Rover

R.I.P. to both.

But wasn't a minutes applause a great idea. So good to see all of the 7,500 + in the ground clapping yesterday. Wonderful.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sounded good on commentary the minutes applause. Good idea.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
ane were singing theres only one george best, good noise and emotional claps. and on the scoreboard it said george best 1946-2005.

rip george.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Banana Army said:
RIP Geore

RIP Richard - shame he wont be remembered as much as he should be due to the date of his death, but you'll be sorely missed

Who else died that day, who's the Richard?

B

Banana Army

See not everyones heard that the only englishman ever to win the world rally died on saturday morning.

A

AndyRoo16

Richard Burns....drove 4 subaru an mitsibushi...
he was british world champ...died of brain tuma
RIP
sad news also George Best, a great player my dad always tells me and a genius.......shame he had to go so early
RIP
miniutes applause fantastic......should be done more often

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I disagree. A minutes silence is a mark of respect for someone's passing. George Best as a truely unique player deserves a minutes applause, but to do it all the time would possibly negate or dilute the meaning.

DixieDean

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
I disagree. A minutes silence is a mark of respect for someone's passing. George Best as a truely unique player deserves a minutes applause, but to do it all the time would possibly negate or dilute the meaning.

I disagree. a minute's applause is a sign of respect to celebrate someone's life. George Best as a truly sad example of how genius can often be a person's tragic undoing, deserves a minutes silence, but to do it all the time would possibly negate or dilute the meaning.

See what I did there?

I'm just pointing out that everyone's life could be celebrated in the same way that everyone's passing could be respected. The people I've lost in my life, I could easily celebrate their life with applause or respect them with silence, but the main thing is that I would want to do SOMETHING to remember them.

NBDH, you are like the WhiteReview Grim Reaper, just hovvering around and only bothering to respond to threads when someone posts something you can disagree with.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
DixieDean said:
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
NBDH, you are like the WhiteReview Grim Reaper, just hovvering around and only bothering to respond to threads when someone posts something you can disagree with.

haha lol well said dixie! :lol:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I agree with Dixie man. NBDH is a miserable git

A

AndyRoo16

ye i agree wid dixie.....all NBDH ever does is tell people how they are wrong an what people shud do :x
i think the applause was fantastic an great to hear.....lets not just comment on what else NBDH thinks should have been done....
the applause was a great idea..... :D

M

Matthew The Rover

If we had had a one minutes silence, I am quite sure there would have been some idiots who would have booed and spoilt it. Great footballer, that what we were celebrating.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Come on NBDH he was one of the best there has ever been. I know im only young and he never played in my lifetime but all the clips i've seen of him, he was world class and he will be sadly missed. Even some Man City fans will miss him. I know I can act like an miserable old man sometimes but NBDH takes the Michael