• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Gills v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
After losing to Oldham, it is crucial we get something out of this, to avoid getting cut adrift at the bottom. It will be interesting to see how much Les changes the side, up to now he hasn't made wholesale changes. Arguably this has led to complacency and it's about time some of the players stopped taking their places for granted.

I think it's a given that Zoum will replace Cressa. It's likely that Marvin Sordell will be given a start, though less easy to decide who he should replace. He's not a target man figure, so the only fit player we have to fulfill that role is Terry Gornell. Either Terry plays or we stop the abundance of aimless high balls into the opposition half and largely play on the deck.

Chris McCready hasn't played in ages, don't know how close to match fitness he will be, so while on paper it's attractive to move Ash into midfield that creates something of a risk at the back. If Welsh is unfit replace with Edds, otherwise McLaren should make way. While there is a case for replacing Shuker with Barnett, on balance I'd start with Shukes.

Prediction. Lose this and we are down is how it feels, despite the number of games left. Think we can scrape a result.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I cant decide whether it would be better to go back to 4-3-3 which away from home changing to a 4-5-1 made us look solid. Then again, after Gillingham took a hammering on Saturday at Brentford, maybe we should attack them from the off and hope an early goal will see their heads drop (Although I said that before the Oldham game and likely if we concede early, its game over).

I'd go 4-4-2 but with the option to change it.

Daniels
Logan
Goodi
McCready
Zoom
Taylor (holding midfield role)
McClaren
Shukes (right wing)
Barnett (left wing)
Sordell
ITM (although could easily drop him instead of Gornell, Curran etc)

I fear if we lose - confidence could be back as low as it was under dumb & dumber.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Losing home games really puts pressure on these away games, added pressure we could do without.

Les is quite cautious away from home so I think it's going to be the old 433. Make us a little bit tighter but sadly lacking creativity. Sordell to start who can hopefully inject some life into the front line.

I can see a draw all over this one.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think we will just about win this game 1 0

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Gillingham have not won in their last 8 games and considering where they are in the league, and after our result against Oldham, this game is huge in terms of confidence and league placings.

Being optimistic, I'll say a 1-0 win (Sordell)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hmm, interesting line-up. Goodi presumably injured, Shukes, Cressa & Gornell dropped. Zoum, Marvin & McCready start. Ash in midfield or 3 at the back?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
on the radio it reckoned broomes at right back and logan moved into midfield, goodison is out injured. If we can get a win with oldham getting beat things will be looking better

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
taylor played centre midfield went off injured early in the first half what a huge win that was, if we can avoid defeat on saturday things look much better

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Brilliant result. Oldham got spanked too. Great night all round. Roll on Saturday!

M

Mal

"Being optimistic, I'll say a 1-0 win (Sordell)" Not bad guess, Gills did get sod all.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
some correct predictions too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.