• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Funny songs and chants

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hi all

I was contacted today by a freelance writer called Christopher Parker. He's currently writing a book on footballs funniest songs and chants.

The book will be published by New Holland Publishers in time for Christmas 2008 and will be a collection of the wittiest songs and chants sung by fans from the English and Scottish leagues.

He's not really after your basic “'We’re by far the greatest team” ' type chants but the ones that really make you chuckle. And as well as regular songs and chants sung at every game. He's also keen to include those spontaneous ones that just come up during a game - for example in response to the opposition, a refereeing decision, a player or something in the news at the time.

Any response here would be greatly appreciated and I'll email Christopher any we get on this thread..

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Does he want clean versions of chants?

Player
Goodison
How about: "You only sing in assembly's"

(Away at Scunthorpe directed at the 'family' (more like ASBO) stand)

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The Zola one is quite amusing.

"There's only 1 Calvin Zola ... he used to ***** but now he's alright, walking in a Zola wonderland"

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If it contains explicits, then it will be up to the author to edit these out. Just post what you got. Coops, you beat me to the Zola one!

Player
Goodison
here's a new one for Zola:

"Duck, Duck Zola's on the ball, duck duck here comes the ball"

Player
Liam Palmer
could you send me his email address - I've got a publication he might want to see (you can send it to me via a private email - you're inbox is full!).