• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Forest Green v Rovers

Player
Liam Palmer
"Having seen us play Grimsby, Cheltenham, Wrexham, Eastleigh and FGR, I believe we are the best team in this division..."

Having seen us play Southport, Alty, Barrow and Boreham Wood, I believe we are the worst...

Just wish every day could be like today!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
"Having seen us play Grimsby, Cheltenham, Wrexham, Eastleigh and FGR, I believe we are the best team in this division..."

Having seen us play Southport, Alty, Barrow and Boreham Wood, I believe we are the worst...

Just wish every day could be like today!

A rum collection of games you have seen there. Today was the 'real' Tranmere. ;)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Love the banter between RLC and TT64. I think something between the two views is about right, the way we are playing at the moment. If I could explain why we were so bad against Barrow yet so good today, I'd be the next Alex Ferguson. All I'll add is that it's better for us if we win the "six-pointers" against our rivals and drop points against the strugglers than the other way round.

Player
Manager
John King
In all seriousness, I did add the proviso 'if we can be consistent against the strugglers' we can win promotion. In terms of the general quality and experience in the squad I think we are as good as anybody, and none of the top sides has outplayed us.

drwhoman

Great win! My take on it was an early goal from a guy who will be seriously competent at this level. SJ said in the week that a new guy or two would give them a boost and he was right! Not just a lower league journeyman either but someone a bit like Lambert who has made it to through the grades to a high level. I believe he was born in Widnes (?) so another guy who fancied a gig close to his roots. May there be more!

Player
Manager
John King
To back up my earlier point, in the form table of games against top half teams we are top. In the form table of matches against bottom half sides, we are 21st !

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/national-league/2015-2016/versus-top-half
http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/national-league/2015-2016/versus-bottom-half

This must be partly a psychological issue, but I think we suffer from teams coming to PP and sticking ten men behind the ball and wasting time from the first minute. I would guess that because of the size of the stadium, the size of our crowds and our recent history the opposition are more negative at PP than any other venue in the division. A problem we need to overcome though.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Lets be honest the league is very poor just as league 2 was last season, there is no excuse for failing to beat Kidderminster at home our southport away who are very poor teams.

We still need a right back and with Dawson out for 3 months another winger would not go amiss, rumours that we are back in for McNulty at Luton in January could be interesting

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yup. If our home form improves, we'll be quite a force. We need to overcome the physical side of the game and have the quality to break down 10-men defences.

Currently we are going through patches of good spells and bad spells. Importantly though, we are right in there and haven't fallen too far behind. I think we'll get better still and just hope we find some consistency.

Just seen the highlights on TW. Norwood had a hatful of chances. 2-0 flattered them.

drwhoman

Yes re the highlights and Norwood but they also demostrated that GFT is just class at this level.