• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fixtures 24/25 season

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
League fixtures out at 9am on Wednesday but
Rovers will be in Group A of the Northern Section of the 2024/25 Bristol Street Motors Trophy along with Accrington Stanley, Stockport County and one Premier League under-21 side which will be drawn live on Sky Sports News on Thursday 27th June from 2.30pm.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We start with a home game v Notts County and then a trip to Port Vale. A tough start against teams who’ll expect to be challenging for the play offs.

Last game of season away at Newport. Boxing Day at home to Accy.

Also, we’ll know within the next seven days which, if any, of our fixtures up to the end of September have been selected for TV coverage, and we’ll know by the start of the season which fixtures up to FA Cup 3rd round day have been selected.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Also, we’ll know within the next seven days which, if any, of our fixtures up to the end of September have been selected for TV coverage, and we’ll know by the start of the season which fixtures up to FA Cup 3rd round day have been selected.
All of the first games are on TV we kick off 3pm on the Saturday

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Three live matches in two months, all home games including two in the leave against Notts County and Walsall plus the Accy game in the trophy, saving ONIGP a possible trip to PP. ;)

The kickoff time for our first game has been moved to 1230. If we win, or even draw, we’ll be top of League Two, if only for a few hours. ;)

Our opening game is still 3pm, it’s only the Walsall one that’s moved to 12.30. But we’ll still be top of the league on day 1 after we hammer Notts County. ;)

Each L2 club will be shown live at least 20 times this season so we can expect a few more Saturdays to be shifted, either the KO time or the day.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Our opening game is still 3pm, it’s only the Walsall one that’s moved to 12.30. But we’ll still be top of the league on day 1 after we hammer Notts County. ;)

Each L2 club will be shown live at least 20 times this season so we can expect a few more Saturdays to be shifted, either the KO time or the day.
Some Saturday games will be changed but I don't think be that many as all bsm cup games will be on as well as midweek games, games during the international break at 3pm.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't see how any of this helps Football League clubs get supporters through the gate on a regular basis, which is the only way they remain viable in the long term.

It is just a pretext for eroding, and then completely removing, the 3pm blackout, to serve the interests of the Premier League and TV companies.

Last edited:

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Not going to linger on conspiracy theories, just don't know. But the beloved season tickets, which Mark wisely uses to control cash flow is now in big jeopardy. Anyone with a complex lifestyle, like simply living any distance away, will find it no longer viable with constant tinkering and at short notice.
I will be 100% exile this year out east all winter, so not cheating it when just 200 miles away.
They will need to do reduced season tickets like 15 matches etc. They really need to consider whether someone in Calais is more away than Devon etc and bolster i- sales.
Ifollow just dumped me and the club are saying news soon, not the greatest promo
They need to monetise anyone wanting to watch but cannot rock up personally, regardless of anything else. I used to lose it because it was on Sky 7 or something which wasn't available in HK or Germany etc.
Most of all they need to retain 6,000 physical fans even if the headline admission takes a hit

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I don't see how any of this helps Football League clubs get supporters through the gate on a regular basis, which is the only way they remain viable in the long term.

It is just a pretext fer eroding, and then completely removing, the 3pm blackout, to serve the interests of the Premier League and TV companies.
I agree with this and feel deeply uncomfortable about it.

From a personal point of view the logistics of my entire weekend are based around a 3pm kick off; travel, overnight, social etc. Moving games from a Saturday doesn't work for me and even early kick offs like 24/08 will be a headache. I'm sure I'm in a small minority but it is a complete pain in the backside. I'm not even that bothered about being able to watch on the TV; for me it dilutes the experience so much that (unless a massive game) I'd probably choose to do something else.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I agree with this and feel deeply uncomfortable about it.

From a personal point of view the logistics of my entire weekend are based around a 3pm kick off; travel, overnight, social etc. Moving games from a Saturday doesn't work for me and even early kick offs like 24/08 will be a headache. I'm sure I'm in a small minority but it is a complete pain in the backside. I'm not even that bothered about being able to watch on the TV; for me it dilutes the experience so much that (unless a massive game) I'd probably choose to do something else.
You maybe in a small minority but I fear plenty will fall into similar ones and they all add up. I always lived in the Cheshire when UK full time and planned months ahead, changes would not work for me.
Hope Mark is on the detail