• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Facey and Greenacre given more time

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brian Little has decided to give the front two more time to find the goals. The pair haven't scored in the last five league games. Your thoughts. Are they a good pairing? Is Facey to lazy? Is Facey to poo?

Should we be giving the younger scoring reserve team players more of a chance?

C

ChiefRich

I think one thing to consider is giving them a team behind them capable of creating chances for them as well!

If they aren't getting the ball and/or chances, which much of the time they are not, they aren't going to score goals.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good point Chiefrich.
I guess you forget about the players behind the front two supplying them. It's easy to blame the strikers when there are no goals being scored.

OK, well do we all think Greenacre and facey are a good combo? We have quite a few different combinations with Zola, Daggers and Davies all fighting for a place.

J

Johnny King is God

i think they're a good combo.

Just need service.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
They'd get better service in the McDonalds in Birkenhead than our midfield! :lol:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I'm notimpressed one bit, facey is a poor player and doesn;t do chris any favours, davies or dagnall wil work better with greenacre, facey is a waste of space.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
I'm notimpressed one bit, facey is a poor player and doesn;t do chris any favours, davies or dagnall wil work better with greenacre, facey is a waste of space.

Interesting comments there about Facey, especially from one of the more optimistic Rovers fan. Will be interesting to see if they gel today.

DixieDean

i think Facey is decent. He will never score bags of goals but his touches, flicks and most of all his strength in the air are a great asset. Once him and Greenacre are on the same wavelength things will improve.

They still need better service from midfield though....

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
facey had a much improved game. Id give greenacre more time, we know he can score for fun. Facey though, I dont know what it is I just see him as another dadi.

bolton_hater said:
facey had a much improved game. Id give greenacre more time, we know he can score for fun. Facey though, I dont know what it is I just see him as another dadi.

i think the dadi's better! but facey did have an improved game yestaday! interesting to see him wide right! he did pop in a few decent ball's. Greeny and Davies for me! :D

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Yer I agree iwth davies and greeny, but I think Dagnall should be used more regularly.

Player
Morrisey
I tink that we need to play 5-3-2, so that we have the option of balls in the box and taking it up the middle, that way the defences will be unsure what will be the next move and facey and greeny can get more balls ion the box via Robbo and Bruce.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel that Greenacre is just going through a little period where he is not scoring, he has proved to us that he can score goals but facey is another matter I feel he hasn't proved himself one bit he has only scored one or two goals if he proves himself ok give him the nod but if not bye bye del-roy???

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We musn't forgot also that Greenacre can offer a lot more than just goals. He was MOM against Doncaster and his overall play was excellent. I dont thinkwe need to worry about him getting goals either. He's a good finisher, but if he can also help others on the field, all the better!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yer hes got good control and is great player. i think this is a bad patch.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
In terms of scoring it is a bad patch but he did set up both goals against Doncaster as well as the winner against Lincoln. His goals will come... I agree that we need to stay with 5-3-2 for most games for the moment.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
he needs to score cos I can tell hes getting frustrated but he still is an essential team member.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

More time Facey has had enough time to prove and he hasn't only once against Southend. Greenacre is just going through a sticky patch at the moment