• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup 1st round

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Away to Chesterfield. Not the most inspiring of draws, but could have been worse I suppose.

Player
Goodison
yeah could have been better could have been worse. Looking forward to going to the match their ground is like a trip back in time! A good old traditional football ground. Hopefully we can repeat last years result, although I think they will be better this time, despite been a division below us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Might prove tricky if we underrate them. They are having a decent season in division two and going to their ground, like roverstillidie says, is like a trip back in time, and this is the FA Cup!

I'd really like a decent run in the cup this year, so I'm hoping the lads will put in a good performance.

Our previous results have been good against Chesterfield. Last season we took all 6 points with two 2-0 wins.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Not the best draw. Of course you'd hope for a home tie or a non league away tie with the chance of getting on the tele. Having said that we have a good record there and as long as we are professional I expect to be in round two.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A toughie. I don't hold out much hope that this will see an end to our recent Cup failings and we do need the money.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Based on the fact that we do indeed need the cash, added to the fact that we are playing really well away from home lately, I'd say the lads will be up for this one!

Chesterfield, who I'm sure need it more than we do will certainly not lie down and die, but I think we can get through this one.