• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

EURO '08 Qualifying Groups

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
For anyone that didn't hear the draw for the Euro '08 Groups, they are as follows:

Group A:
Kazakhstan
Azerbaijan
Armenia
Finland
Belgium
Serbia & Montenegro
Poland
Portugal

Group B:
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Lithuania
Scotland
Ukraine
Italy
France

Group C:
Malta
Moldova
Hungary
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Norway
Turkey
Greece

Group D:
San Marino
Cyprus
Wales
Rep of Ireland
Slovakia
Germany
Czech Republic

Group E:
Andorra
Macedonia
Estonia
Israel
Russia
Croatia
England

Group F:
Liechtenstein
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Latvia
Denmark
Spain
Sweden

Group G:
Luxembourg
Belarus
Albania
Slovenia
Bulgaria
Romania
Holland

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Not bad at all, should get through no problem come on! :D

Player
Morrisey
Easiest group in the draw. BUT, it depends on who the manager is! If the right guy is appointed then I believe the tournament is ours for the taking. However it is a long way off, a bit too far to predict.

A

AndyRoo16

yup should get through no probs...
:D
just hope we have a good english manager.... :)

B

Banana Army

Wouldnt call it wasy boys. Russia are a world cup regular (normally) Israel were top with one game to play of there group and were unlucky not to qualify and we all no that Croatia are going to be difficult. Granted not the hardest group, but no walk in the park either

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I'm really happywith the draw for us. I feel the right man for us is going to have to be Alan Churbishly or Stuart Pearce

Player
Morrisey
Agree B_A, it is not an easy group, but I think that it is the easiest group in the draw. I think it hangs quite strongly on us having a naturally left sided player in midfield.

Does anyone think that A replacement has been found for when Neville retires in Arsenal's Gilbert?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Super_white_army said:
Does anyone think that A replacement has been found for when Neville retires in Arsenal's Gilbert?

Yer he well impressed me the other day. Did you see that cross to set upHenry? It was quality and thats the 1st time ive seen Henry score with his head and that was all because of Gilbert yer I think he could do a job!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It's not an easy group... but its a group that i'd be very disappointed if we did not qualify from it with our quality.

Player
Morrisey
Infact, statistics show that our group is the hardest.

If you excluse the seeded team in all the groups and then work out the average of FIFA rankings for the remaining teams, Englands group has the highest average. (I will get hold of the figures later).

Saying this, what is hard on paper could be easy on grass.

Also, the enitire population of Andorra (70,000) could fit in the new Wembley and there would still be 20,000 spare seats.