• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

England's World Cup Song

• Thread starter Birkenhead Born and Bred
  • Start date
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I read in my mums mag that McFly are the favs to sing the official England's world cup song they can fuck off in my opinion.

I want another version of 'Three Lions' or Oasis to do the England song or Cold play or some one similar.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Do you honestly think that if they asked Oasis or Coldplay, they'd actually do it??

I'm sorry mate but not in a million years :D

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think Oasis will actually, I dont see why they wont cos there all football fans.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

nomur said:
Do you honestly think that if they asked Oasis or Coldplay, they'd actually do it??

I'm sorry mate but not in a million years :D

No but I can dream can't I!!! I would also wouldn't mind a re-relase of 'world in motion' or what ever it was called from world cup 1990 but no John Branes Rapping this time

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I really hope you're right BH coz they'd do a brilliant job!

But i can't see it happening IMO. :D

Whoever does it you can be guaranteed that Fat Les (keith allen) will have something to do with it. :D

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

nomur said:
I really hope you're right BH coz they'd do a brilliant job!

But i can't see it happening IMO. :D

Whoever does it you can be guaranteed that Fat Les (keith allen) will have something to do with it. :D

Yeah thats true mate hes always there isn't he

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
No but I can dream can't I!!! I would also wouldn't mind a re-relase of 'world in motion' or what ever it was called from world cup 1990 but no John Branes Rapping this time

Probably the best World Cup Song Ever!!!

Player
Morrisey
I say that we get Stiff Little Fingers writting a new song :lol: except they are Irish so the probably would decline!!

I think we should get Girls Aloud to do it!! and the can follow the team around and be cheerleaders!!!! and I get to choose what they wear or what they dont wear as the case maybe!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah couldn't see Oasis doing it... but like someone said they are football fans so you never know... Would be quality if they did!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
You’ve got to hold and give, but do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast, but you must get to the line
They’ll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack
Theres only one way to beat them, get round the back
Catch me if you can, cos I'm the England man
And what you’re looking at, is the master plan
We ain’t no hooligans, this ain’t a football song
Three lions on my chest, I know we can’t go wrong

QUALITY!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Three lions on my chest, I know we can’t go wrong

Haha, I'll be adopting this attitude when watching the World Cup from my sofa. I hope the players do too!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Despite the whole Sven saga i'm still feeling relatively confident about the World Cup... There are a number of bands who would do the England song justice but then there are a lot that would just come out with any old crap.