• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Does that make me any less of a fan ?

Griff

With the football in this state I wouldnt buy a season ticket.

Does that make me any less of a fan ?

I Don't think so.

I've been going to Tranmere for over 20 years and concider myself a loyal fan, but it's very expensive. We all have bills to pay ! (well some of us do).

I agree that we should support the team through the bad times. We are all fans on here and I'm sure we all would agree that you can't beat live football, but at the end of the day its a spectator stort.

I applaud all of the young lads on here that give continued support, but you must remember that your ticket is a fraction of the normal price.

Little needs to be realistic, we are not stupid. We know that in some cases the team needs to grind out a result and the level drops, but that should not become the norm. The fans frustration comes from playing this way against sides that in the past we would have rolled over at our own ground.

We should be aggressive at home. That is expected.

What ever happens I will still be at Rovers next year. The only difference may be that privously I would break the bank to get my ticket, were as now, If i'm strapped for cash then I may miss a few games.

I think of myself as a loyal supporter of over 20 years, so what does this say for the fair weather supporters that we need to support the club financially.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
No mate it doesn't make you any less of a fan... people have to do what they have to do to manage their finances. If that means missing some matches then thats what it means. It doesn't make you any less of a fan. I think £15-£16 for an adult to watch what we have been watching is a disgrace. At least supporters paying more at other clubs may get some decent football. A lot of people just cannot justify paying all that money for a season ticket either. I don't think the club realise just how many people aren't going to renew their season tickets next season!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I know it's hard nower days to watch football the prices take the piss £23 to get into Swindon and £21 to get into Oldham it's hard for people to the find the money to go. At the end of the day if your strapped for cash give it a miss. I dont blame you. I still be there week in week out and I dont why im wasting my money sometimes

Griff

Its £18 in the main stand where I prefer to go.

Even if I was poor, I'd still dig deep and get to as many games as I could. Its not about being able to accord it, as I'm sure many poeple are happy to pay out to help the club. Its more a point about value for money and attracting back the couple of thousand fans that have left since our slide into mediocrecy.

I'm sure many of you have heard poeple grumble about not coming back after some of those terrible performances. That is the norm in football, poeple get frustrated. The problem here is that poeple are starting to believe that this wont change under little and if hes here next season that might effect attendances. They dont want to see their team play for a draw against some no-mark side who come to us with the same agenda.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah see where your coming from mate. People are just going to think if Little's still in charge then nothing will change and they would probably be right. I think that if Mr Little is not going to leave then he should appoint an assistant. Maybe some fresh ideas would do the trick? Although maybe Mr Little wouldn't listen to an assistant and thats why he doesn't have a proper assistant.