• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Discipline

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Just been looking back over our results this season and can't help noticing that we're picking up a lot of yellow cards, usually 3 or 4 per game.

Any thoughts on why this might be, poor / biased refs, poor tackling, frustration in the ranks or are we just a 'dirty' side?

I've not been to many games this season, but I certainly don't think we're dirty, have we just got ourselves a bit of a bad reputation with refs in our division?

At least we're playing with a bit of passion these days.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes Gray I guess you could say that we are now playing with passion these days. No-one would argue against that. Then again, the referees have been appauling. A mixture of both I would assume.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It's worrying how many yellows we have picked up this season and it will play against us later in the season. Although I think a lot of this is just bad refereeing and just that nowadays you get booked for anything. Have we picked up a lot more than other teams in the division or is it similar?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Some have been deserved, more than usual down to poor refereeing and some just bad luck. Chris Greenacre seems to have been especially unfortunate, at least two of his were for legitimate attempts to play a ball lose in the box, where contact was made with the keeper.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
It's worrying how many yellows we have picked up this season and it will play against us later in the season. Although I think a lot of this is just bad refereeing and just that nowadays you get booked for anything. Have we picked up a lot more than other teams in the division or is it similar?

Found this...

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/FoulPlayLeague/0,,10794~200625,00.html

We're not the worst, but we're certainly in the top half! No red cards though and we've not conceded any penos which is testament to our back 4.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Interesting too that Port Vale, who are the most cynical side I've seen this season manage to be near the bottom of the fouls league.