• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Crawley 2 Rovers 5 !

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It just keeps getting better and better !

Top marks to the lads after going 2-1 down. To respond with a 5 goal performance away from home is incredible. We have such a goal threat at the moment that no one can cope with us.

DIW

Player
Goodison
After 8 games last season

11 points scored 8 conceded 8

After 8 games this season

20 points scored 21 conceded 4

What a turnaround.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Incredible. I honestly thought that would be a tight game. As was said, our toughest this season. I seriously underestimated them. Five goals away from home. Not only are we winning games, but we are scoring for fun. This team just gels..

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Where,s that Dullard that said we had not played any one top six or disent yet,..

we just have... and we battered them

crawley put in there place ..job done!

Player
Liam Palmer
It's mental. Can't believe it. First time we've scored 5 since pumping Wrexham on our way to the play-offs in 2005.

Surely we can get a decent crowd next weekend. Everyone seems to be talking about Rovers here in sunny West Wirral!

TOTL! For at least another 10 days. Get in!

drwhoman

CRAWLEY

Great result. Do these guys get drug tested?! Seriously, it is clearly the ability to put the ball in the net, something we have not been able to do since, arguably, Aldo retired. All the match stats were in Crawley's favour. Possession, shots, corners etc. Must help the strikers when they know the defence is so solid as well. As a Rovers fan I am always waiting for the downside (!) - injuries aside it should be January when the loanees are due back at their clubs. I hope Wolves and Boro are doing well and are not worried about getting them back!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It sounded like Rovers were poor again in the first half. A common theme over the last few weeks. Which makes our wins even better as we've buried teams in the second half. Two players on seven goals each already! Some of our past players have struggled to score seven goals all season.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Where,s that Dullard that said we had not played any one top six or disent yet,..

we just have... and we battered them

crawley put in there place ..job done!

I presume you refer to me. Dullard? Amazed you could spell it.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Incredible performance from Rovers. The last 60 minutes were the best I have ever seen from a Tranmere team away from home.

We had our customary, slow, sloppy start, but today we paid for it as Crawley are actually a very dangerous side. The back four struggled for the first time this season in the opening half hour, but with hindsight I think as a team we dropped way too deep, probably because we were worried about the threat caused by Ajose. Scoring such an early goal probably didn't help either. Clearances were miscued, the midfield gave the ball away in bad areas in our own half and there seemed very little protection from centre mid. This was all epitomised by their second goal, another conceded from a corner, where we had at least two opportunities to clear the ball.

Fortunately, in the last 15 minutes of the half we started to feel our way back into the game, and with this Rovers side that is all that is needed to create a goal. The second goal was fantastic, Zoum (yes, him again !) winning the ball in his own half, sprinting the length of the pitch and dinking a cross to Cassidy who had peeled away from his man at the back post to nod the ball home.

Our improvement continued after the break. Both the third and fourth goals began with defensive errors, but were by no means gifts: a misplaced pass fell to Akpro on the edge of the box, and he brilliantly side-stepped two defenders before rolling the ball into the bottom corner; Cassidy showed his strong work ethic and poacher's instinct by harrying the centre back into an error and finishing with one touch into the top corner. Cue delirium among the SWA.

From then onwards, we annihilated them. Our pace, skill and movment on the break was too much for them, and we could easily have scored four or five more goals. The front two were superb and the midfield, particularly Palmer, continually cut them open with balls in behind their static back four. As it was, we had to settle for one more goal from Robbo.

Man of the match was probably Palmer, who was excellent, although the front two and Bakayogo were also outstanding again.

After thirty minutes today I really feared our unbeaten record was going to end, as Crawley caused us far more problems than any other team we have played. The fact that we forced our way back into the game and actually battered them on their own pitch, just shows the the character and skill this Rovers team has.

We are Tranmere Rovers, we score when we want !

drwhoman

CRAWLEY

Pleased to see that Ronnie has his feet on the ground well and truly - everyone was having a pop at everyone else at half time and plenty of defending practice this week!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
wow

ive missed the past 3/4 games and wont be back in the country till october, really cant wait to get back to pp and see how we're doing

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I presume you refer to me. Dullard? Amazed you could spell it.

Its a made up word any way, so spelling it, is open to interpretation..probably not in spell check or a dictionary ..

actually i just tried it and its there in spell check (mac)

sorry DIW...anyway

What a great performance by cassidy yesterday..

tranmere,s first goal conceded yesterday was probally caused by holmes being injured and recovering too late..felt fonners could have done better with the second ....

:-x

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
Superb

See I knew my logic would pay off. I said we had scored twice as many and conceded four times as less so we would win by two or three

And you all thought i was being silly!

But seriously, what a performance in the last 60 minutes! I managed to get to the game as I am posted not to far away so i was delighted to witness Rovers at their best for a long time. We just seem to be able to turn it on when it matters at the moment and our goal threat seemed to come from everywhere!

To be fair to Crawley, they did not even play as bad as the score-line suggested. It was just Rovers tenacity in front of goal that was the difference. Bakayogo was my man of the match; that fella is like a machine! And Palmer could have had “Gerrard” on his back with some of the passes he was picking out.

Another three points and long may it continue!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looking at the league tables, I'm looking forward to the prospect of two league matches against Liverpool next season!