• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Coops Column - We only get **** refs

Player
Johnny Morrissey

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with much of what you've written, although Blue Square clubs might have an equal argument about getting the Football League's rubbish refs and so on down the food chain.

I've only seen 2 Rovers games this season the first being a Premiership ref warming up and the other being the useless Mr Gavin Ward, so not able to comment generally. However, I would like to see the club and manager being more outspoken about bad referees, it didn't do Stuart Pearce much good not to criticise, when most other Premiership bosses did.

Claire

Not often I make a comment, but I've been moaning about refs/officials for years. It doesn't seem to matter what league/division you play in, the standard is still apalling.
I went to watch Rhyl play a few time last season (when Alex Hay was there) and the standards there was just as bad as we put up with week in, week out.
Lets hope that the ex-league player who is training to be a ref (can't remember his name) is the start of a new era. he at least will know more about the game from a playing perspective.

Good column as usual Scoops.:-D

Claire