• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Commitment and attitude

DixieDean

i have download accelerator installed (http://www.speedbit.com) and when you click links like that it automatically pulls the file out for download. No rooting through source code!

smilingmart said:
Johnny King is God said:
Sadly not. Aldo would have kicked is ass for that.

WHERE IS THE PASSION?

Don't be glorifying Aldo as a great manager. He got us relegated and has such a good name in the game he hasnt been offered another job since.

He is the reason we're in league one.

you absolute idiot :!: lorraine rogers was to blame for our relegation as she would not release funds for aldo to go out and sign some quality players(which is what we needed).instead he was left to sign the likes of simon osborn and micky mellon!

also aldo got us to our one and only major cup final and for that alone he goes down in history as our best manager ever!

as dixie as said,aldo had the bounce back ability!he got our players playin' with pride and passion!

to come back from 2-0 against leeds utd was amazin',but to go one better against southampton was truely unbelievable,and he did it :!:

aldo doesn't need the pressure of day to day managment when he's got a brilliant job doin' commentary on radio city.however the one job he would have is the irish job and my bet is that he would do a great job!

smilingmart

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
smilingmart said:
Johnny King is God said:
Sadly not. Aldo would have kicked is ass for that.

WHERE IS THE PASSION?

Don't be glorifying Aldo as a great manager. He got us relegated and has such a good name in the game he hasnt been offered another job since.

He is the reason we're in league one.

you absolute idiot :!:

Is this not abuse of a fellow member?

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
also aldo got us to our one and only major cup final and for that alone he goes down in history as our best manager ever!

Johnny King led us from the bottom of the old fourth division through two promotions and within touching distance of the premiership. He IS our best ever manager. You sadden me with your lack of knowledge of our club. You are ignorant. You are the idiot.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'll back up Smiling Mart in that I think that Johnny King was our best ever manager to date.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Aldo was a GOD as a player, but not that great a manager. Yes he got us to a final, but remember we were a penatly away from playing Man Utd in the cup final while under Kingy, and only denied by a keeper who shouldn't have still been on the pitch. And Aldo was the guy who got us relegated.

Of course John King is the greatest Tranmere manager to date. That is totally indisputable.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
no ifs or buts about it kingy was the best ever for us.

Aldo will never be forgotten though.

smilingmart

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
remember we were a penatly away from playing Man Utd in the cup final while under Kingy, and only denied by a keeper who shouldn't have still been on the pitch.

Forgot about that. It was Bosnich if I remember rightly while he was at Villa. I remember my brother and my cousin coming back from the game livid. I was judged too young to go to the game and am still mentally scarred to this day. :cry:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I respect King and Aldo for the work theyve done for our club

J

Johnny King is God

My initial point was about the passion Aldo had, and the glaring lack of it in the current set-up, nothing else.
Look at how Man City are doing under Stuart Pearce? I think passion, and the players having in the back of their head the fear of what the bosses reaction will be if they lose, would have gained us 15 points extra this season.
My username kind of gives away who I think is the clubs best ever manager.

we achieved great things under the master(john king) he's a great guy and i liked the style of play we played whilst under his guidence!i don't doubt he isn't up there(as our best manager ever!)but if i had to choose one gaffer it would be aldo!(imo)

smilingmart you really wound me up with that sentence about aldo takin' us down as i believe it was rogers with a lack of ambition!if we would of sold koumas for £2.5m a few months earlier(when aldo wanted to)we would of stood a great chance for survival.

i must admit callin' you an idiot :shock: was over the top(it's only an opinion after all)and we are tranmere fans,sorry mate :oops: :wink:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Nice one for apologising to Smilingmart mate because that was uncalled for. It's right that everyone has opinions and you are entitled to think Aldo was our best ever manager. Of course he wasn't helped by the lack of money available to him in our relegation season... but I still feel any manager worthy of giving the status 'best ever manager' to should be able to keep a team in the division with little money anyway because our squad wasn't that bad.

smilingmart

Thanks Aldo's Worthy. Top Man.

We've all got our opinions and that's what makes this board fun.