• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cobblers 1-1 Rovers

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Although I'm disappointed with the draw, it's only because we deserved to win that game. We were the better team throughout. We were more enterprising, positive and had the better chances.

The only disappointment was the finishing like Ronnie said. Have to agree with a lot of Ronnie's post match comments tonight. The lads were positive and it was great to see them having so many chances. But they really need to start putting these chances away. Barnett had a couple of great chances and I've seen this a lot lately. Instead of shooting in good poisitions, they try walking the ball into the net. Gotta be making better decisions.

Anyway, here's a bit of what Ronnie said after the game:

"We counter attacked at times, Charlie had a couple of chances…we got beyond them and the final ball wasn't there. We've tried to walk it in three or four times. If you don't shoot you're never going to score. The opportunities we created should have been enough for us to win.
I honestly thought we were going to walk that game and win by at least 2-0, but I guess our finishing leaves a lot to be desired.

Credit to the lads for going out and giving it a go. I was pleased for the two wingers, Barnett and Mayor. Two young lads, but they had good games and had chances to score. Great cross from Mayor onto Bas's head too! That's what we need. Good direct service.

At the end of the day, a point isn't a bad result.
With two home games coming up though, it really means we have to pick up at least 4 points from these two just to keep us fighting up there.

Four points now from the top six, and you really dont want that gap getting any bigger.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Sounded like Charlie was a constant threat today. Only listened on the radio, but was gutted that we didn't win given that we finally delivered an attacking performance away from home. Good performance to build on though and a draw is not an awful result, especially given other results. I'd expect 4 points from the next 2 at home personally. What really sets everything up IMO is the possibility of getting 6 points from the games at Elland Road and Boundry Park - even 4 could well clinch it if we pick up points in the other games as expected. Time will tell.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I suppose the fact Bas finally scored was a miracle in itself. However another game where we got less than we deserved. It would be great if there was still something to play for at Leeds.