• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Chris Sutton/Loan striker

Anyone shed any light that he was seen at Prenton Park this week???

Im sure he is a free agent at the minute which means we could sign him

What do you lot think???

Player
Morrisey
Needed. Would win us loads of games, but cannot see it. Saying that I could not see us sitting second after 10 games of the season. At the moment I feel that anything is possible at PP.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Out of contract with Birmingham at the end of last season. Scored 1 goal in 10 League appearances but was out of favour.

At this level & Championship level he'd be top class. He's 33 so could have 2 seasons left if fitness wasn't an issue but........

........ Let's just see eh? How many people have been seen around clubs and nothing has come of it. It may just be a viscious rumour!

Player
Morrisey
But I thought that when "Macca is coming" and I would have said that if someone suggested we would be 1 point off top after 9 games. There is a less than likely chance that he will come, but there could be a chance.

Pete SWA!

sutton was at villa yesterday as "guest" of martin o'neil also got groin injury stil so cant see anything coming of this one?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Will never happen in a million years. Maybe more.:roll:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Signed for Villa yesterday apparently!

we did think that was going to happen.

oh no.he's over the hill! very poor at birmingham last season. no thanks. i'd rather have neil shipperly or duncan ferguson! dj campbell on loan from brum would be a good shout.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ronnie has been turned down for Shipperley and Webber from Sheff U. He says he can only gets kids from the Premiership clubs so is looking at Championship players. DJ Campbell is a regualr at Brum is he not? Doubt we could get him here.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Kevin Campbell is not getting a look in at Cardiff I don't think... What about him?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Kevin Campbell might be a possibility if Cardiff agree to release him for a month. Am sure he might still have a place on Merseyside after his spell at Evert*n.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I dont rate Kevin Campbell at all.

Player
Morrisey
Do you not think that he would do a good job with us Ian ? Apparently Leeds have said no to loaning out Ian Moore. #-o

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Do you not think that he would do a good job with us Ian ?
I don't know. It's just tiresome getting aged strikers in. He may provide good experience but I just don't think he's that good a footballer. :???: Don't want another Facey do we? And he wasn't even that old! #-o

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Looks like we go with what we got tomorrow night, a big NO from all Prem and Champ clubs! Are they al that tight??? Would be nice for a variation to be available on the bench, be it Davies or another player up front, but unless Ronnie does it by 5pm today nothing will happen - for this week at least.

Player
Morrisey
Would any one be happy seeiong Ellison up front? He is strong and cool in front of the net. Only prob is who would play on the left.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can we get Achterberg back in goal and put Ward up front. With those shooting boots he wears, we'll be laughing!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
May be pointless but he could always put Ellison up front and start Davies on the left... as we know Davies can do a job on the left and we can then see what Ellison is like up front?