• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Chester City Looking For 2 Rovers!

B

Banana Army

Ellison can piss off. Davis is another matter though. He can play on the left, but as stated is certainly more of a striker. The one thing we wont do is let him go. Even if its just to see if he develops for a couple of seasons. I mean look at Dagnall. Me along with a lot of others, im sure, are kicking ourselves (wishing it was the manager who let him go).

Player
Morrisey
a) Hind-site is a wonderful thing.
b) I dnt think he suited Littles team for some reason. Now I think he would have the service to succeed though. It would be good to have him but we dont and no one knew he was going to be this good.

B

Banana Army

Thats the point im making. Dont lets be sitting here in a years time saying darn if only wed kept him another year. I mean look at Danny Harrison. For some reason we were waiting for him to come good until he was 25, we should at least have kept daggers another season or two.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Daggers had a strikers eye for goal. Why he fell so out of favour with the previous manager is a mystery, it was obvious to most of us that he had enough talent to persevere with. Contrast him with Zola, who both Little & Moore rate highly, but is really hit n miss in front of goal.

Player
Morrisey
Clearly all our managers have been misinformed and some people on here are more capable of the task of management.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Speak for yourself mate. I wasn't alone on here in being critical of Dagnall's release at the time it happened and he'd certainly do a decent job at this level. Zola has been at the club for 3 years now and hasn't developed his obvious skill to show some consistency in front of goal.

B

Banana Army

You certainly weren't. I also believe that Zola is probably being paid a lot mre than daggers was. Still confuses me.

Player
Morrisey
I dont. I thihnk zola will be on a small wage at the club. We and he know/s how fragile his visa situation is so we can pay him a small amount. He would have a big struggle to aquire another visa for a club at the same level as us again.

As for Daggers. It is easy to say now that he is a great player and we shouldn't have let him go. I think he is ace and wish we still had him but at the time myself and the majority of supporters thought that 25,000 was a decent price. He was unproven dont forget. We will also be cashing in on some clause I should imagine if he keeps scoring. He didn't fot into Little's team so at the time it was right.

B

Banana Army

If your going to argue a virtually unarguable point, then at least get your facts right. We will recieve a maximum of ?15,000 or Dagnall. ?25,000 was the original rumoured fee, but ?15,000 is what we will get depending on appearances. I realise that you believe it was right for him to go, and at the time you maybe had a point, but with that treasured gift of hindsight, i dont see how you could possibly say that we should have got rid of him. Last season he was oln the Top Goalscorers chart (17 i think he got) and was out for a few months with an injury.

Player
John Aldridge
The slight oversight with the fact that Dagnall scored 17 odd goals is the fact that was league TWO, take greenacre for instance, hardly scored in the championship (was played out of position half the time) but still he drops a division and blossoms.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, don't get too carried away with Daggers. As phantom has said, he blossoms in that division. He's found his level to be fair.

Player
Morrisey
I think he would still do well with us but not as well as people think and I also think that any money we got for him was good. I

B

Banana Army

The slight oversight with the fact that Dagnall scored 17 odd goals is the fact that was league TWO, take greenacre for instance, hardly scored in the championship (was played out of position half the time) but still he drops a division and blossoms.
Yeh i wasnt saying he would have necesarily set the league on fire, but surely we should have kept him for a bit Longer, and as you say Greenacre was played out of position and had so many injuries.

Player
Morrisey
Dagnall was played in his position, had no injuries and failed to break in to the team with opportunities given to him.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Isn't it amazing how a thread can lose it's thread, as it were? The last few posts have not mentioned Chester or Ellison!

Let's just say I was very disappointed to see a promising young player like Daggers sold for just a few weeks' wages. Surely he should have been loaned out for experience like Jones and Jennings.

Bad mistake by Little.