• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cherries 3 Rovers 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Well, it had to happen sometime. Ronnie was unhappy with the refereeing performance, certainly the free kick which led to their equaliser; commentary also said it did not look a foul. Bell-Baggie also seemed to get really rough treatment (again) which resulted in him going off with a knock.

On the positive side, Jervis seemed to link up well with Cassidy but RM says he could also now be out for three weeks with a knock. :-(

Good to hear that there was another strong Rovers turnout of 350 for our longest away trip.

Two big home games now coming up, and hopefully there will be a positive response.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The inuries are mounting up which is a big worry as the squad will become very stetched and very thin.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Response in the next two games will say alot about the side. I agree that the injuries are a worry.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Response in the next two games will say a lot about the side. I agree that the injuries are a worry.

I agree. We've not had a good record at home to Donny in recent times and it would be good to put that one to bed.

Player
Manager
John King
The injuries are a concern, but I think Robinson's absence is hitting us hardest at the moment, particularly in a game like today's when we were under the cosh for long spells; his ability to hold on to the ball and calm things allows us to get a foothold in the game.

Hopefully he will be back by next Saturday at the latest, although there has been no word from the club regarding a date for his return.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Yes the run had to end at some stage and to be honest the better side won today. We had a couple of half chances in the first half and looked as though we might hold onto the lead after but conceding a goal from a very dubious free quick shortly after the break really was the turning point and they played well with a good sized crowd behind them.
Bournemouth had several decent forward players and also played a pretty rugged game, clearly deciding to ‘take care’ of Bell –Baggie who came in for a real buffeting all afternoon and got no protection from the ref until injured.
Thought Jervis did well in the first half considering how difficult it must have been to go straight into the game and the partnership looked promising. We badly missed the guile and experience of Robbo today as we had a really young team out. I think without a strong tackling holding midfielder in the team to help the defence it leaves James Wallace having to do too much and in a game like today restricted his creativity. Of course playing two wingers has produced fantastic results so far but against better teams away on heavier pitches, I wonder if we do need a plan B and am not sure we have the player in our squad . Zoom has been fantastic this year but moving him forward disrupts the defence and in my view is not the answer.
It was good to see Blackie come off the bench and get half an hour on the pitch and considering lack of match fitness I thought he did alright which was positive. Ash had a mixed afternoon and all in all we were not at our best.
The Bournemouth fans were saying on the train coming home not sure how that lot have got to top of the league etc. We just did not really perform as we can do today but came up against a better team than their league table position suggests who were determined to get a result. Forgotten what it is like to travel home after a defeat – oh well we are still four points clear.

Player
Liam Palmer
I can maybe assist those Bournemouth fans on the train: we're top of the league because we've won more games and gained more points than any other team.

Today was always going to stretch us. Our team has been disrupted by injuries. It's unfortunate, but it's a fact.

Having witnessed Yeovil's tactics, I think I sense how our opponents have sussed us out; just kick our creative players. The wee shytebag last week should have walked for his tackle on Thompson. But let's not pretend we're going to get protection from refs as it's a man's game after all!

Here's a thought: 33 games left. Win 10, draw 10 and lose 13 gives us 70 points and a play-off place. Would you take that now?

Player
Manager
John King
Who knows, but the football we have played at our best this season has been better than any other side I have seen (just ask Notts County fans). We are deservedly top of the table.

Hopefully we are getting our major injury problems over early; as RM has commented, if we can battle to stay in the hunt until New Year Akpro's return will be like a new £1 million sigining.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
No cause for panic. Our luck ran out yesterday and too many things were against us - injuries, refereeing decisions, new manager. Even the results in the other L1 matches did us no favours. What matters now is the next two home games. Has the Tranmere bubble finally burst or will Ronnie mend the slow puncture? Realistically, I would be concerned if we didn't get at least 4 points, but I think we'll still be on top in a week's time.