• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cheltenham v Tranmere

• Thread starter Nevin on the wing
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nevin on the wing

How do. Well, what a change from last season! I've been checking out the boards for the last couple of weeks and it's made a refreshing change to see optimism and positive comments (almost) all over the place!

Like everyone else I'm looking forward to the new season and checking out the new team (haven't made any of the friendlies as I live in the South). Also can't make the first game, but I will be driving up to Cheltenham next Tuesday. :-D

I wanted to see if anyone else is going and, if anyone lives anywhere near me, whether they wanted a lift (share the petrol?). I live in Fleet, Hampshire, just off the M3; will be driving up to Reading, then M4, to Swindon and then up to Cheltenham.

Any takers??

cheers
Paul

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think this is a game we should win but you just don't know before a ball has been kicked in the season... Would be great to get off to a flyer but that may just not happen.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
If we hold any true promotion hopes then sies like Cheltenham have to be beaten, not saying we will, or that if we don't we won't get promoted... Does anyone get me? ... Nah, me neither.

To put it simply, I hope we can beat Cheltenham!=D>

I would of taken you up on the offer NOTW but I'm already up North visiting... I live in Southampton so like you end up going to most of all the away Southern games.... Bristol, Yeovil, Brentford etc..... Maybe next time geezer :-D

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Yeah, this will be a 'home' game for me too, just an hour or so down the M40 so I'll be there (work permitting).

Nice place Cheltenham, anyone know how close the ground is to the town centre?

We should stuff 'em, shouldn't we? ;-)

(BTW, yes I'm still here, been lurking most of the summer!)

N

Nevin on the wing

The ground is a couple of miles from the station, which is itself between the town centre and the M5. Looks like it's no further than a mile or so from the city centre.

This site gives you some good info.

Come on the Whites!!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Nevin on the wing said:
The ground is a couple of miles from the station, which is itself between the town centre and the M5. Looks like it's no further than a mile or so from the city centre.

This site gives you some good info.

Come on the Whites!!

Great link, thanks!

It'll be the M5 then, not the M40 :oops:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Im going to this game. Im travelling up in a friends car so im looking forward I always love the 1st away game of the season even do we have lost the last two. Aginst Swansea and Peterboro the year before

evo_trfc

i live in gloucester so like some others on here i go to the southern games like bristol city yeovil brentford etc. The ground itself has changed since i was last there a freezing cold february night where we got stuffed 3-0 they now have seating behind the goal we were at and there is busses from the centre to whaddon road should be a victory for us but cheltenham aint no mugs

Player
Morrisey
Probably my home game too. I live about 45 mins away in Hereford. Been to see them before but this time I can't because of work. all in all a nice club. I remember last time I went we had trouble getting to the ground from our road side parking. Just some advice as if my memory serve me right you can only enter the grounds from one point.

enough of the patting each other on the back cause you have all managed to figure out that cheltenham is your home game of the season..........

whoopeee doooooo

lets see some predictions for the game and leave the route planning to the aa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not the jolly boys outing its a football match that our beloved tranmere rovers needs to win because if we are going to get out of this awful division, teams like cheltenham need to be shown no mercy. none of the brian little approach where a nil nil was enough. Sh**e to that!!!!!!

lets see some attacking football, ellison might be a doubt after that knock at the end of the game on saturday where he dummied himself and tripped over his own feet and fell over.................. maybe its tremarco's chance to re-invent himself as a left winger

predictions anyone?????

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I’m looking forward to tonight’s game (Does anybody know if it’s on radio Merseyside???)

I Should think Ellison will miss today’s game but I can see him making good performances away from home as counter attacking football is what he is good at. It will be nice to see Tremarco given 90 minutes to prove his worth. =D>

Another guy who could miss is McCready, apparently had a twinge when he came off on Saturday. The thing that worries me at the moment is how thin we are in defence. We have; Stockdale,McCready,Goodison,Sherriff and perhaps Tremarco in a defensive role. Does anybody think we are a defender down??? Looking at the bench on Saturday it was very attacking minded. I think perhaps a back up loan defender would be a good idea. Does anybody have thoughts on that?????

On a brighter note I think Tranmere will win tonight 2-1. They had a good game against Swansea but I think our new squad should be more than enough for them.

We will soon see at 10oclock this evening :lol:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I think Tremarco could do well on the wing if he does in fact replace Ellison tonight (he probably will). From what I can gather he put some good balls in when he came on Saturday.

I'm gonna play safe and say it'll be another 1-0 win for us. This is Cheltenham's first home game in League One and will be a huge occasion for them. They will be looking to come away from this with a half decent result so we'll see.

I think it is being broadcast on Radio Mersey but I'll be listening on Matchlive Console!

C'mon Rovers =D> =D>

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Hoping we can do without a couple of players - Ellison was poor vs Oldham and I would have dropped him for Tremarco in any case, disappointed with his performance.

As for the defence, if McCready misses we could be found wanting, no cover whatsoever, espeically if Tremarco plays left mid (his best position imo).

Won't be going the game, so if anyone fancies joining me, I'll prob be in the chat room come 7:45/8:00 ish.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
SCooperSomersaults said:
Won't be going the game, so if anyone fancies joining me, I'll prob be in the chat room come 7:45/8:00 ish.

I'll probably be in mate, will be listening on Matchlive!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Even if McCready is injured we actually have a number of options. Sheriff to switch to centre-back is the most obvious, with Tremarco coming in at full back. If Ellison is also injured then it could cause problems as the obvious choice to replace him would also be Tremarco.

So that would lead to a midfield re-think, perhaps Davies coming in for Ellison. Or one of the younger lads. Or a formation change.

Then again I could be barking up entirely the wrong tree and the other option could be to bring in Jennings or James at right back and switch Stockdale into the middle for McCready. There are definitely options in this squad.

C

championship_here_we_come

team news

Ward,
Stockdale, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff,
Shuker, McLaren, Mullin, Tremarco,
Greenacre, Taylor.

Substitutes: Achterberg, Davies, Zola, McAteer, Harrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.