• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Charlie Barnett signs!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
One year contract. From what i've heard in pre season he has been excellent and if he can produce that in league one next year he will be a great signing. Need to act quickly though and sign him up for longer if he is doing the business.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, pleased about this. I've not see him play yet, but has been getting some good feedback. I really hope he has something, as we need some spice in midfield. A lot's been said about his intelligent midfield play and his corners are meant to be good.

Player
Goodison
1 year contact!?!?!?!?!?](*,)](*,)](*,) If he's any good he'll be another Davies/ Thornton, do the club ever learn from their mistakes? It's complete lack of ambition signing potentially good young players on 1 year contracts - if he looks like he could be good give him 3 for gods sake!!! He can't be on very high wages.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good news, I was impressed with Charlie @Morecambe and he's had good reports from the other games. However, Liverpool didn't want to keep him and very few players get 3 year deals now. Personally think he's good enough for a longer deal, but can understand the caution.

Like many others, wasb concerned about the lack of activity on the transfer front about 4 weeks ago but i have to say that i can't wait for the Swindon game, especially as one of their main players is out already and they are struggling to sign players at this moment in time.

My early prediction 0-2....

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I'm pleased with this signing. It's nice to see someone who's come in, worked hard and got what he deserved.

I agree that he possibly had enough talent to justify a 2 year deal however, you can't just give young players with little or no first team football 3 year deals.

I'm trying to work out the midfield next season and notice we have 7 midfielders with 3 spaces available.

George O’Callaghan
Eddie Sonko
Chris Shuker
Charlie Barnett
Adnan Ahmed
Steve Jennings (probable)
Gareth Edds

I should think there is going to be a fair bit competition throughout the whole squad next season and if I’m being honest, it's been a while since I’ve ever been able to say that \\:D/

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Super news l'm looking forward to the new season, it looks like ronnie has done some good buy's(well they seem good).

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
Was very impressive today versus Blackpool, strong in the tackle, good passing and a well taken goal. Going on my limited sightings of Edds, Sonko and O'Callaghan and knowledge of Jennings I would say he deserves to be thrown in the midfield for the Swindon tie and given the chance to cement his place.
What he and the likes of Curran lack in experience they more than make up for in raw ability, utter enthusiasm and hunger.
If either O'Callaghan or Savage get even a snippet of first team action ahead of Barnett and Curran this season I would be dissapointed.
Come on Ronnie put some faith in these fantastic young prospects - it could well pay off.
I would go for something like below (obviously ommiting goody for the first three)

.....................COYNE....................
.......ANTWI, KAY, GOODISON, TAYLOR
........JENNINGS, BARNETT, EDDS..........
..........CURRAN, MOORE, GREENACRE.........

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
PS. Shukes could slot in for perhaps Jenno....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I too thought Barnett had a decent game and would hope to see him start next weekend. Puzzled why he was subbed, tho' Ahmed did ok when he came on. Why Jennings was played the full 90 when he hasn't signed up yet was debatable, we're fittening him up for others benefit. RM should be using the friendlies for players who are definitely available for the start. Couldn't fathom picking Goodison at right-back, given he's banned at the start. Presumably, if fit, we'll start with either Antwi or Edds there at Swindle. However if neither are then a choice of Danny Holmes or moving Kay over and slotting Luke Waterfall in the centre. So shouldn't RM be trying that option out now??