• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Carlisle United v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The first of a pair of tough games against sides in the top half. The Cumbrians are pitched just outside the play-offs on goal difference and will be looking to do the double over Rovers after our defensive howlers gifted them a win @PP. Lost the last two visits to Brunton Park as well.

Unlikely to be any changes from the weekend to Rovers squad. For Carlisle, ex-Rover Craig Curran is injured and wasn't getting much of a look-in before that.

Prediction : Sooner or later our losing away run will come to an end, but expect we may have to wait until the trips to Boundary Park and Chesterfield

DIW

Player
Goodison
I agree that we will lose. Probably 2-0.

But possibly 2-1 after scoring an early goal.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Two points from the next two games would be a good return I think. I just hope that, whatever the result, we can put in a ninety minute performance away from home for the first time in a while.

The rumours are that Brunt may start with Lateef which could be interesting.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The rumours are that Brunt may start with Lateef which could be interesting.

It would be harsh if either Mustafa, who was unlucky at Wycombe or McGurk who's been scoring steadily of late were left out though.

Player
Liam Palmer
I'm going to stick my neck out and go for... 2-1 Carlisle! Bet we score first though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
God, not another 2-1 defeat, surely... Well, it's going to be tough but I'm going for a bore draw.

Player
Liam Palmer
First start for Brunt. Muzzy, McChrystal and Akins all dropped from last game. Interesting. Happy with that. Bit harsh on Muzzy maybe, but he's not scoring them, so why not give Brunt a go?

C'mon Rovers!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
nobody would score as a lone striker in this system

I agree that we will lose. Probably 2-0.

But possibly 2-1 after scoring an early goal.

lol this

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, hopefully Brunt will get a bit of support from Weir who seems to be playing ahead of Wallace and Welsh in midfield.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Seems a bit strange that Lateef has gone back to west brom

Player
Liam Palmer
Woo woo - a point away from home!

Seriously, sounded like we played well, a few good chances and only one great save late on by Fonners. I'll take that! Well done lads.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Seems a bit strange that Lateef has gone back to west brom

Yes that is odd.

Good point though tonight. Fair play to the lads. Look forward to hearing a report from anyone who went. Another point on Saturday would be a good week.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Would have taken that beforehand though sounded like we missed quite a few chances. A point closer to safety

Status
Not open for further replies.