• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Carlisle 1-0 Tranmere

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Oh dear... we seem to be on a downward spiral at the moment! Poor performance and missed chances cost us! Should be at Bournemouth next week though and still looking forward to it. Hopefully we might get back on track!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Shot ourselves in the foot because of the terrible first half. Really tried to get that equaliser in the second but it wasn't to be. We are slipping..

Player
Morrisey
Sounded as though we played a good game. From reading the club's post match report, it seems as though we are crying out for a striker and also that unless Davies can get in someshooting practice he should not appear on the team sheet. shuker sounded tricky and Greenacre seemed to get involved.

Would Ellison had made a difference had henot been injured? Is that formation good for us or not? Is it better to have Shuker and Ellison in volved upfront a bit more?

I am worried now, because as well as we do play it is the goals that count and they are not coming. I dont see why one of Harrison or Jennings wasn't starting because they have been finding the net recently.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Every game Davies plays in he's gaining in experience. Gutted by this result, I really felt we should have been getting something from this match.

But when the newscaster says "and Rovers slip to eighth" it's still a damn sight better than "and Rovers continue to sit twenty fourth" cheers for that mister Little, giving us all persepective on what is acceptable and what is not.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
We deserved at least a draw, but our defending on their goal was abysmal, we let him run through. It was awful, but we did get alot better and lookedliek scoring but it wasn;t meant tobe.

Linesmen and Referee were awful, obvious throw-ins and corners never went our way!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
What is happening with Rovers at the moment? What is that? 3 points from last 6 games? Relegation form rather than the opposite. Only plus point is that other teams at the top are dropping points as rapidly too so we're still not too far off, but form needs to improve dramatically if we are to achieve the ultimate goal.

Sounds like we need someone who can stick it in the back of the net, Greenacre is a great player but for some reason doesn't seem to be banging them in as regularly as I'd expect a player of his quality to. Also, as NBDH has mentioned, Ronnie wants Shukes to take a look and pick out a better final ball so hopefully if he can achieve that then even better chances willcome along and the strikers will start banging them in!

We can but hope, eh! Come on you whites!!!:cool: