• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Buchanan

Player
Nixon
dont know about you guys,

but i feel proper sick when I hear of the amount of players that are going too PNE, nothing against them.

But i want the best for the club i love, hope we sign someone soon

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Suppose we just have to be patient when it comes to signings. I am not expecting anything earth shattering but I am sure Ronnie will assemble a team that is competitive for next season. We go through the same process every season we release players, we offer contracts, players refuse contracts, players move elsewhere, silence from the club, fans get worried, we sign players in July, we are ready to play opening day.

We just dont have the financial clout to offer players decent enough wages, so all of the most desirable players available move elsewhere early doors for more than we can offer. Ronnie will have a few irons in the fire but realistically he will be sifting through the players who noone else wants to build his side. Its just one of those things. Give it 12 months and exactly the same process will start all over again.

Look back at posts this time last year and we were all making the same comments worried we didnt have enough players with a week before the start of the season. Seems like ages ago we were discussing Vinni Dantas:-D

drwhoman

Fair comment TBBE. As regards PNE, they are a team which carried some weight historically albeit that you probably have to go back to the early 60s since they last had a top ladder squad. I vaguely recall them beating Liverpool in the Cup around 63. Dave Wilson scored in a 1-0 win. Peter Thompson was on the other wing for Preston and he signed for Pool soon after. The above said, they were knocking on the door of the Premiership maybe five years ago (?). They undoubtedly have more money than us and get better gates. As a few people have said, let us hope Ronnie attracts some nuggets without us having to go through the hit and miss trialist process again.