• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brentford 1-1 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No reactions from the 1-1 draw?
Maybe everyone still coming back from the game :whistle:​

Thought it was a decent draw. If we can draw our aways games, and make sure we get maximum points at home, we'll have a decent December. That's two consecutive away draws, not bad really.​

However I think we can do better. In those two games, we've had to come from 1 goal down. Brentford especially, Rovers sounded sloppy in that first half. A better 45 mins I think we could have controlled the game.

Good to see Shukes getting on the scoresheet, but we need more goals away from home.​

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
It's a good away point from a game where almost everyone I've spoken to or read comments from was very concerned we'd slip up. Before the game I had a bad feeling about this one and I'm delighted that we've come away with an away draw and kept ourselves in the running at the top of the league.

B

Banana Army

good point really consoidering we have not got a grat record away at brentford, and my lip hurtd so sim happy ewith a poiijnt.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
BA? Had you been drinking when you wrote that comment? I suspect some funny juice intake???? :lol: :lol:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Doesn't sound that Ronnie is that happy with a point from his reported comments. Think that it's right to realise that this was a potential banana-skin, but from what I've read about the game, Rovers were below par, especially in the 2nd half.

B

Banana Army

BA? Had you been drinking when you wrote that comment? I suspect some funny juice intake???? :lol: :lol:

Who me??? ah mate, must have got the wrong person....... :lol: :lol:

But still i am happy with a ppoint (or a pint)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not a good performance by Rovers, but the result could have been worse. Barely a shot on target. Brentford were surprisingly good defensively and could have won with better shooting. Another case of playing at our opponents' level. The first half was dire but the second half was end to end and passed quickly.

Just three highlights for me - Shuker's goal (worthy of Beckham), Goodison's tackling (unbelievable how many times he got the ball away without even touching his opponent) and the SWA in full voice (we drowned the Bees' fans even when they had just scored!)

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
good point really consoidering we have not got a grat record away at brentford, and my lip hurtd so sim happy ewith a poiijnt.

No I didn't get the wrong person!! Look at what you wrote. That sort of spelling happens me when I'm pissed mate!! haha :lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think it was disappointing... Yes you can argue we don't have a good record there and that it was a potential banana skin but they had just lost their last two home games 0-4!! Like Ronnie said, If we want to go up then we need to go to places like Brentford and get 3 points. It's alright using the basis of getting 3 points at home and a point away but we need to make sure we get 3 points away from home at times to make up for the points we lose when we don't win at home or draw away. An average of 2 points a game would give us 92 points at the end of the season which I suspect would be slightly more than enough to get at least 2nd spot. At the moment we have 36 points from 21 games which is 6 points less than 2 points a game on average. So we need to make up those 6 points in the rest of our games to make sure of automatic promotion. Although of course it is possible to get 2nd spot with less than that. :-D

Player
Morrisey
Having made the trip down to Brentford the last few times I believe a point is a good result. I know that the situation has changed with both clubs but from the experiences it seems quite an intimidating atmosphere to play in. I know that we are better on paper but there are no 'bread and butter' games in this league. I am still thinking about walking before running. Last year was awful and so far we have seen a big improvement and if things continue like this until May then I will be elated.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Having now had time to reflect, and from listening to various close sources at the club, I think it was a wasted opportunity. Brentford are a poor team, their record speaks for itself. I initially thought Ronnie was a bit too critical of his team after the game but now think if Tranmere had turned up on Sat, the three points was in the bag. Apparantly, Tranmere just didnt perform.