• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Braintree 0 Rovers 3

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Good, professional performance tonight. Stockton was terrific and I thought Harrison, Holmes and Bakayogo in particular had good games. Thompson had one of his better games for us before going off.

The link play of their front two caused us problems in the first twenty minutes, but I thought defensively we were generally solid and played some good stuff at times.

Great to see Power and Kirby come on and cope well, and it was nice for Goody to get on in front of the cameras, but the injury situation now looks horrendous.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Goodison's cameo does not look good for Friday, although it was good to see him on the pitch. Let's hope Ash isn't too bad.

Performance was decent in a tricky game and we got the job done. Got to be happy with that.

Player
Goodison
Goodison comes on and promptly smashes a player - Classic Goodison!

Player
Nixon
another good win in the bag.

for me, Jervis did very little.

stockton was awesome but a better defender will workout that he always turns onto his right foot.

Great to sed Holmes back after the weekend

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
stockton was awesome but a better defender will workout that he always turns onto his right foot.

Pretty common at this level tbh. Plus he's pretty strong.

I've always been quite impressed by him and think he will be increasingly useful as the year goes on - and I still think Cass will stay for the rest of the season.

Commentator comments on Joe Thompson were funny.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
we got the job done in the end though we did make a bit of hard work of it.if cassidy had played we would have probabley scored about 7.jim beglin talks too much during the game.itv seem more bothered about alan devonshire past which was good in its day but it s old history.lets hope we hammer chesterfield and get a nice home draw in the 3rd round.roll on friday and 3 points against francise mk dons.oh before i go it was fun to read about bolton been in so much debt.=D>

Player
Goodison
According to the website McGurk is injured again, although Ronnie says he can play if he has the grit and determination to. I think Ronnie's worked out that McGurk cries off all the time!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
According to the website McGurk is injured again
story of his career. And sadly it will continue.

Decent performance tho, got the job done. Wasn't a bad game really. Stockton was good, hope he improves as he gets older. Nicely taken goal.

Agreed with bossman about Jervis. Did very little.

Nice to see Goody again and pleased with the young lads for chipping in with some goals. Clean sheet, few goals, no matter who your playing, always good for confidence.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agreed with bossman about Jervis. Did very little.

RM actually singled him out for criticism in his post match interview, so we may see Stockton starting up front with Cassidy on Friday. I think Jervis can also play wide right, so he may have to be used there against MK if Thompson and McGurk are both out.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's definitely a good time to be a Rovers fan. From the TV, I thought we played cultured, constructive football and didn't get caught in possession. A large number of plusses from the weakened side including massive confidence boosts for the youngsters.

The big problem is that every game we play we seem to lose a key player, although this time for once I blame the pitch rather than the opposition.

The way we are playing, we should win on Friday, providing the centre-backs don't give the MK strikers as much space as the Braintree forwards last night.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I thought we played cultured, constructive football and didn't get caught in possession.

yeah right ..and thompsons goal is nominated for goal of the season..

for a team 5 points clear of Div one ,we where really poor

Did RM have his team talk in the local, before the match?

:oops:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
we won 3-0 on tv with an under strength team

cheer up