• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ben Chorley from MK Dons

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
We've just signed Ben Chorley from MK Dons on a two year deal.

It looks like that Antony Kay is going to play in Midfield because according to wikpedia, he's a "Defensive Midfielder" (Not always reliable but mostly) and Ronnie Moore said on the official site that Ben Chorley is to partner Goodison.

Sounds like a good signing to me! :-D

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
What it does is give us options.

And all 3 signings so far are all in their mid 20's which is good news!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, good news indeed. We've signed young players, but not too young. Players who have experience. I think this is another positive signing.

Like you say, all in their 20's and these players do give us options. It's clear Ronnie wants Goodison and Chorley at the back, and like The Rovers says, Kay can do a very good job in midfield, but it's good to know there's versatility in there.

Only 5 weeks to go!

Player
Goodison
Another potentially good signing, but I hope our defence isnt going to become too power and dominant orientated and not mobile enough.

I think Kay is a centre back, but like Thompson can play in midfield

Player
Morrisey
I can see Ronnie's logic in a 'no nonsense' Centre back. Ian likes to play his way out and try to get out of a tight spot by using cheeky moves or dummies. With a defender who is a little 'hit and hope' and just gets rid of the ball and "aslong as it is out of my half, I am fine" we will have balance. Goodison to me is very precise in most of his work especially when he is off the ball trying to win it so a bit of brawn is good IMO.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree and although McCready had a physically presence he was never a commanding, tough centre back, something I'm sure Ronnie was a little disappointed about. I hope Chorley is the player he's looking for.

evo_trfc

Im impressed with 2 of the 3 signings so far Chorley and KAy both seem good signings

obviously we still need midfielders but as ronnie said he is looking at another left sided winger

now if we get this, and the goalkeeper sorted we could be lookig at another good season

Its good we are signing players now becasue the league is a lot tougher this season and the other teams are bringing in good players to their squads

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Im impressed with 2 of the 3 signings so far Chorley and KAy both seem good signings

What's wrong with Ahmed? We haven't seen any of these guys play in White yet and as we all know, the different surroundings can affect different signings. Let's just wait until pre season before we start passing any judgement!

hey who knows, Andy Kay may turn up drunk for the Cammell Lairds game! :lol:

Player
Morrisey
Greenacre was an injury ridden player who had made little effect before he arrived. I definately say give him a chance. I dont actually think that Anthony has a drink problem just that he broke the club's policy which is strictly no drink.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I know SWA, I was kidding.

But as you can see it was as easy for me to write off Andy Kay as it was for evo to write off Adnan Ahmed.

None of us know how all this will pan out. but I'm certainly excited about things more than I was this time last week.

And just like last year, all our signings are happening with 2 weeks of pre season.

Bring on the Lairds! haha =D>=D>=D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, let's not judge them on pre-season friendlies though. Much better to wait until the real football begins in August. Although it will be good to catch a glimpse of them before that time.

I'm still wondering what's happening with the keeper, but that would be going hopelessly off topic :whistle:

evo_trfc

i havent wrriten ahmed off all i said was i have been impressed with 2 of the 3 signings ( now 3 0f the 4)

I hope he proves me wrong!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Decent signing... I think a no nonsense defence is what is needed at this level.