• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Barnsley v. Tranmere Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
bolton_hater said:
is your dad going to barnsley..

please say no .. [-o<

only joking mate, if he is lets hope the jinx is broken eh? :lol:

We're probably not going to another game until Christmas now so we should get a good run of results through December :D

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
lol :lol: ah well

howmany do people here rekon well take.

I can see maybe 300-400.

M

Matthew The Rover

Considering we only took 221 to Scunthorpe and considering it's a Tuesday night, I'll say 200

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Achto is a major doubt for this one with a pelvis injury so Wilson is in with a chance of his first Tranmere appearance (not including the friendlies.)

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Judging by the club site this would be the team or what I would paly anyway.

Wilson

francis sharps goodison roberts

jennings rankine aiston

facey greenacre zola or davies

subs: palethorpe, james, harrison, zola or davies, dagnall.

A

AndyRoo16

i think we will take 321 people to the Oakwell, 7 people will arrive late, 2 people will not find the stadium and 4 will aquire food poisoning from the pies!!! :D

C

Cazi

AndyRoo16 said:
i think we will take 321 people to the Oakwell, 7 people will arrive late, 2 people will not find the stadium and 4 will aquire food poisoning from the pies!!! :D

The pies aren't that bad, honest guv :D

T

Tyke001

Must agree with my mate Cazi.

A draw looks like a certain banker tonight and will probably be 2 - 2

Barnsley to take the lead at half time 1 - 0 only for Tranmere to peg back twice before full time. We're good at letting teams do that this season.

Great site and great board.

If anyone is interested you can listen to us on Oakwell1575am as you get towards Barnsley this evening. We go on air at 6pm with pre-match and then full live commentary form 7.45.

Have a safe journey. If anyone's in Barnsley from about 5pm then drop me a pm or an email and we'll meet up for a drink.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Good to see you Barnsley boys on the forums. A draw would be a good result for us imo. We've never won at Oakwell - ever if memory serves - so a point is the best we can hope for! :lol:

T

Tyke001

It has probably been said before but I am really surprised to see you in the position that you are. You were actually one of my picks for a top 6 place.

I really hope you turn it round but just be gentle tonight please :D

Player
Johnny Morrissey
We normally are very gentle! Hence the problems we're having this season really. If we had kept Taylor and Hume we would be bang up there, but without them we have really struggled and not really replaced them. But Facey and Greenacre seem to be forging a nice little partnership up front so hopefully we will start moving in the right direction soon :D

Player
Morrisey
Its good to have some friendly opposition fans on here!! contributions like that make the boards better!

C

Cazi

SCooperSomersaults said:
Good to see you Barnsley boys on the forums. A draw would be a good result for us imo. We've never won at Oakwell - ever if memory serves - so a point is the best we can hope for! :lol:

Thanks for the good review and keep up the good work on the site. :D

T

Tyke001

Super_white_army said:
Its good to have some friendly opposition fans on here!! contributions like that make the boards better!

The majority of us are actually football fans even though we lean towards our own team, as I am sure you do too. So in answer to your comment:

It's a pleasure and thanks for letting me and my Aunty Cazi contribute.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'm going to predict a draw, and since we always concede I'm gonna guess one-all.

I can't remember us winning at Oakwell either, although I'm sure we must have done at some point.

Very nice to see opposition fans on here, we did used to have an opponents forum that didn't require any registration, but sadly due to abuse by non-footballing types it had to be closed - which was a real shame.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
I can't remember us winning at Oakwell either, although I'm sure we must have done at some point.

Sorry NBDH, we have NEVER won at Oakwell :( Somehting like 27 attempts and yet to manage a win. But records are there to be broken!!! C'mon Rovers!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Super_white_army said:
I heard it was 25 attempts but you are probably right

I am occasionally wrong. Not very often though :lol: :wink: he he

Status
Not open for further replies.