• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Areas we need to strengthen

B

Banana Army

Exactly, so when someone like Nowland comes on the market, it would be great if we could stump up the cash. Can't see it happening as the last players we paid money for were and are complete and utter gash (Ellison and Navarro)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well Coyne has now been released. Will this mean he returns to PP. He can't be any worse than Ward!

Player
Morrisey
I think that that is a slight under statement. He will be a great player for us. I know that some people are sceptical about looking back for players but he is a full international who is involved in the national team at the moment he will be an ace signing. I think however that international football will be a bit of a hinderence in us signing him because it might not get him viewed as well by the W.F.A.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
roberts still got picked when he was with us. admittedly he didnt get a game very often but he was still in the squad. its extremely unlikely but what about richard wright. he has been released by everton and is looking for a new club.

Player
Morrisey
I realise that Roberts got picked but if there are other keepers playing at a higher level than him then he MIGHT get over looked. Wright has been linked with Ipswich. I think he will go a lot higher than us.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
just been looking at the squad lists and if i have counted correctly then we have used 19 players this season but i use this term losely as i have included ben hinchcliffe in this. the squad was a grand total of 23 players, not including jennings or jones. not really suggesting an area but i thought it was interesting.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
You would be right WL. And I think under the circumstances we did quite well. Yes there were weeks when we were thin on the ground but we managed it somehow.

I'm afraid to say it but I think with a bigger squad, we may not have got to see Craig Curran finish the season. But I could be wrong.

B

Banana Army

Lewis Price on form would beat Danny Coyne to Wales keeper anyday. If he came to us and got dropped, it would be an excuse rather than a reason.

Player
Morrisey
...but he is in theWales squad atthe momentand is being concidered but dropping leagues willmean that inevitabley his standard of playing will not improve and could even get worse. Of course there is the fact that he might be droped because he is getting old and is not as good a s Price (as you say).

B

Banana Army

I believe he pretty much has the "experienced keepers" role sewn up. I don't see Jones coming back and with Brown and Price the other boys on the seen being 22 and 24 respectively (i think) i don't see where the pressure would come from. Maybe Garner but he's playing at the same level for a worse club.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barnsley have released Anthony Kay, defender 100%er, though think had a few discipline problems. Wouldn't mind seeing him at PP.
Like I said:-D Really pleased with this signing