• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Aldershot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If by some miracle our new boss inspires a win down in East London in the replay, the Shots await. A side I've never seen before either against Rovers or anyone else. Will also be able to gauge the standard of a L2 side who we may be playing next season...

Player
Liam Palmer
Saw Shots at Crewe recently - not that great that day - they won courtesy of Calvin Zola - he missed four easy chances. They've lost their manager since too. Standard of league 2 is pretty rank.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I dont think it matters anyway as i cant see us winning the replay.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think Leyton Orient will beat Aldershot

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am old enough to have seen Rovers play the old Aldershot in the league. In the early eighties, I once saw them beat Rovers at the Recreation Ground, which was in a public park. Despite once beating Wolves in a play-off for promotion from the old fourth division, they soon folded for financial reasons. They reformed as Aldershot Town, started off in the lower leagues and spent 17 years getting back into the Football League. The recent history of Aldershot and Accrington Stanley reminds us what can happen to established league clubs who are badly run.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Think Aldershot were going out of business as I started supporting Rovers so I've never seen them against us either.

And I'm not likely to this season let's be honest. If there was ever a draw to inspire a great victory at Orient on Tuesday week, then it wasn't Aldershot at home, sorry.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
SCoops, I don't think there are any opponents that would set the pulse racing. L1 big names we'll be playing anyway. The nearest sides left in are probably Wrexham & Northwich, but wouldn't say that drawing either would spark great excitement. Anyway, we'll probably get dumped out in London anyway.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yes that's true, but a tie on TV away to a local non-league team like Northwich may well have inspired them a little bit? Or am I deluded?!

No matter what, don't fancy us at Orient next week. Sadly.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nah, I don't see us getting much in the replay, just because it's away, even though I don't think Orient are a strong team. Depends what happens between now and the replay I guess.

However, if we did manage to get through, you'd then have to be looking at a 3rd round tie which might be a bit spicier, assuming Aldershot wouldn't be too difficult to beat in the process.

Don't forget, it's all about the money here, so I think there's quite a bit to play for.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bumping this thread for the replay.
I think it's fair to say we're all a bit more confident after the last few games.

Winning would be a great boost for confidence and also financially, 3rd round tie at home with the prospect of a decent gate.

Come on Rovers!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Aldershot are on a bit of a roll themselves. Could be a close contest, maybe even going to extra time and pens.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
a win would bring in much needed revenue, will be a tough game as they are in form as well im going for a 2 1 win after extra time.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope not Boz. I really couldn't see much in Aldershot. They work quite well as a team, but don't have much going forward. I think we can win this one with some effort and good finishing. 2-0.

Player
Goodison
2-1 to Rovers, a mighty Ian Goodison header in extra time.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
we'll lose on penoz la

O

OneNightInGayParis

Looking good - 2-0 and it sounds like the defence are solid as a rock. Bring on the Wolves ... 20 minutes left, hope I'm not tempting fate!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
another positive result and goals from our strikers, should be a decent game against wolves as they may will change their team round a bit may give us a better chance to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.