• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Addicks v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be interesting to see how we line up for this. Will Les stick with a 442 as we finished v Yeovil or revert to the 433. And will Shuker keep his place in the starting XI? Personally, I'd like a 442 and would rest Gornell, bringing in one of Mahon, Barnett or Fraughan on left midfield. Charlton will have been stung by their defeat to London rivals Orient and be desperate for a win to keep them in with a shout of the automatic promotion slot. Rovers will definitely play better than the abject surrender under Barnes in the 0-4 home thrashing. It's the sort of game where if we get our tactics right it might be possible to garner an unlikely point.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'd lean towards quite a defensive 4-3-3 for this one, as we're not expecting to get anything from the Charlton game. And as Les has said time and time again, we're starting with a point, would be nice to leave with one!

As as result, I'd also like to see McCready start alongside Goodison, with Taylor in that destroyer role in front of them.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
logan baned for this game so could be edds back in at right back, cant se fraughan being involved as not even been on the bench the last couple of games. Aberystwyth have enquired about him and mccauley on loan josh turned them down as thought it too far too travel

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'd go back to the 4-3-3 which has given us a few clean sheets recently. Playing Charlton away is a completely different prospect from Yeovil at home and a point would be a good result.

I know Orient beat them but I cant see lighting strking twice.

I'd go with Edds in for suspended Logan with Ash Taylor in front of McCready/Goodison, other 2 in the middle Welsh and McClaren.

Only other change I'd consider would be dropping Gornell with ITM thru the middle and Curran on one side and Shukes on the other, to see how that goes.

A draw there following by a home win against Oldham next Sat will do nicely.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Going to be difficult, and Les will be quite defensive I think. There's still a problem with goals and a 0-0 would be a nice result. Can't see it though.

£25 to go watch Div 1 football. Wow!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
expect mccready or broomes right back, edds as part of a midfield 3...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah it looks like an uphill task to get anything at the Valley. They lost to Orient, but can't see lightning striking twice.

No Logan could be a blessing in disguise. He's not the best defender, although brilliant going forward, but if we're going there to defend what we have and try and sneak a point, then a solid back 4 might be an advantage with McCready perhaps slotting into right back.

And yes, £25 for league one football is a scandal. As bad as Leeds. A long and expensive trip for any Rovers fans travelling down to the smoke tomorrow. Fair play to those who are. Give the lads a cheer from me!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
cant see anything but a win for them hope im wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.