• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

achto petition

M

malagamad

John should at least have been given a testimonial for 2 reasons, 1 to say thank you and 2 to give us a chance to say a proper goodbye.

If you agree sign the petition, it probably won't come to anything but we should let the club know how we feel.

http://www.petitiononline.com/trfcjohn/petition.html

we need as many sigs as poss. If you agree please sign

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Yes I got a message on myspace about this and have become the 608th person to sign the petition. Of course he deserves a testimonial.

A match I most definitely travle over for!!

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
good for you noel i was the 362nd person to sign it. wil this be presented to the club i any way shape or form?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He's been a very consistant player for the club and the deserves all the credit we can give him. I'm signing..

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just signed (no 753). Achto is a true Tranmere legend. He could have easily jumped ship when we were relegated as he was more than capable of playing at a higher level, but he stayed loyal to us cos he loves our club. Welcome back at Tranmere any time Johnny! Please give this man a testimonial after 10 years of great service to Tranmere Rovers! US, the fans demand it!!!

Player
John Aldridge
Petition is now upto 1620, fans from all over are signing. Surely the board could show some compassion to a loyal servant of the club. Can you think of anyone that has a bad word to say against achto? A footballer that would actually give you the time of day to stop and chat, there arent many like that surely.

Player
Goodison
i got some NAC Breda fans to sign aswell, by posting it on one of their websites. Achterberg was a legend there too. he also made his first ever penalty save for them.

white life

white for life
Player
1901 and still rising. how many do you guys think we will need before something gets done. its amazing how many fans from other teams have contributed to this.

Player
Morrisey
I persoanlly dont think that any thing will be done about it. A testimonial is usually a clause in a players contract. If he dudn't have it then I doubt that the club will bother to go to any length to sort one out. We all know that he was shy of the recognised 10 years so really there is no obligation on the club's part. I would like one but dont think that it will happen.

Player
Goodison
Graham Branch at Burnley got one after 8 years - theres nothing stopping them. If they dont listen to this its a scandol and a dark day in Tranmeres history

Player
Morrisey
Now what is the point in comparing our club to another? None really. Do you know that he didn't have a clause in his contract? He was released earlier than Achto was and also probably knew about it so there was time to plan. At this stage there is not much time to fit one in and also the club will have other MORE IMPORTANT things to worry about like trying to get a squad togather for next season. If rumours are true and he goes to Chester then there is a great possibility that when he retires from them which wont be too long then there will be one.

I have great respect for the guy and know how much he means to Tranmere fans, me included but I think it is going over the top. I would love nothing more than to see Achto off with a testimonial but if it is not possible at the moment then it might have to wait a few years.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Just read the official club statement and according to that they were offering a 2 year deal including coaching and a testimonial but his demands were too high.

Now I know that this could be rubbish but considering how much he's been plagued by injury maybe they really had no choice and thought it better to use the money to strengthen the squad. I'd love to see him get a testimonial and perhaps some day he will. I wish him all the best and thanks for 9 and a half great years.

How much do you think his and Macca's wages will get us?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
This is what really gets on my tits with the way our football club is being run. They released a statement berating a player saying things that are totally out of character to the man! Johnny is a loyal player who loves the club dearly and I personally don't beleive the sh!t that the "official club website" has published today. I've met John a few times and all that statement says is totally the opposite of how he is. As I understand it he's not fit, end of story. Fair enough don't give him a contract if he's gonna be injured, but don't spread lies about him demanding this that and the other from the club. He's had ample opportunity to further his career and make a few bob for himself in the past but has stayed at Tranmere. The board and/or whoever has issued this statement should take a look at themselves - do we really want these people in charge at PP???:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Player
Morrisey
Yes we do want them in charge. As much as you are annoyed at the spin comming from the club I am annoyed at fans wanting a new manager everyday and asking for the board to be sacked. We have a great board and if it wasn't for them we would probably be under by now. Until we know the absolute truth -which may be never- I dont think we can comment in such an explicit manner.

white life

white for life
Player
personnally i dont believe that john would have rejected the contract offer unless it was demeaning to him as a player. he love the club and the fans love him, end of. the club have taken a cheap parting shot at him and he has no way of replying to it as he is no longer associated with the club. i believe that the only reason the club have released this statement is because of the support the petition has been receiving. it is however interesting to note that the club claim they gave him the option to join in preseason with or without a contract in place. do you guys think that this offer will be extended to him again?

Player
Goodison
The Boards view of a decent offer, would be everyone elses idea of a crap one. They alongside Moore are ripping the players with any association to club out and replacing them with mercenaries and there best mates. Next thing they will sack Les Parry.

And to not even give Achto a testmonial is shocking at the very least

white life

white for life
Player
just thought of something. tranmere recieved an offer from chester city about ellison and achterberg, while they dismissed chesters offer for ellison as 'unacceptable' which is a joke as i would have been happy with a fiver, they said nothing about the offer for achterberg. by accepting that offer they allowed achterberg to speak to other clubs who may offer a better contract, creating the auction they claim that achterberg started. it is also interesting to note that when explaining the reasons for him leaving, they only seem to use his failing of the medical as a sidenote, whilst a couple of days before they were using it as the only reason.it is a bad attempt at covering themselves for there change of stance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The Boards view of a decent offer, would be everyone elses idea of a crap one. They alongside Moore are ripping the players with any association to club out and replacing them with mercenaries and there best mates. Next thing they will sack Les Parry.

And to not even give Achto a testmonial is shocking at the very least

I'd say it's a little harsh on Achto, but really we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I think we might be in danger of getting carried away here. I'd like to see some recognition for John's services, that's all I'm saying.

Calling them mercenaries is a little OTT don't you think.

Player
Morrisey
Agree with that Ian. These martyrs who are fighting the club for a testimonial are actually causing discord between the club and the fans and more so the fans and the club. As a fan of the club I trust them tremendously and what they decide to do I will support because after all they have more knowledge in the field than we do.

With regards to the Chester situation. The club made granted Chester permission to speak to John. They didn't ask for an 'auction' of his services. They had offered him a deal and let him speak to chester. they would not have wanted him to John to return saying that Chester (or who ever) have offered this, can you better that. I think the club were just being fiar to the player rather by allowing him to keep his options open.

Getting carried away? I would say it has been blown out of all proportion and people are just lookin for a hobby for the boring sumer months. I say lets let the club and John sort their differences out, if indeed there is any more to say on the matter.

hey its over 3000 now whooppee f**king doo!!!! if the club actually gave him a testimonial im sure we'd only get about 500 in the ground sat there getting pissed on, cold wet miserable watching an achto '11' comprised of one man and his dog and carlos kickaball!

yeah 9 and a half years ok thanks for that (we were paying him every week weren't we, or was he doing it out of love for the club) and now he is past it, too old, injured more times than wilko and we need to move on.

stick a big poster of him on ya bedroom wall if you miss him so much, better still whack him on the back of your toilet door so you can crap, read the paper and look at him smiling at ya at the same time.

now is the time we find a decent young keeper with a bit of potential and a hunger to get this club out of this p**s poor league.

thanks
for the memories johnny boy, that pen save against millwall that screw up against ____________ & ___________ & _____________ thanks and good luck

the king is dead, long live the mighty whites