• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Accrington Stanley v Rovers

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Late thread creation suggesting minimal interest? However, it is the highlight of my season! The away game that I can walk to and family stopping over to make the most of Accy's bright lights. 1-2 Rovers will finish the season off nicely and set the scene perfectly for a few beverages.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Our away form has as usual been poor, think it will be a draw 2 2.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
0-0 written all over it!
What a horrible season, glad that it's over tomorrow.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
hopefully we can sign off with a win. It’ll be interesting if the two youngsters are at centre back again as if we won that would be 3 wins in a row with Ben and Jean. Not perfect of course but it’ll be ironic if we end up releasing one or both of them.

I felt Accy could be in trouble without Coleman and the appointment of Doolan doesn’t change that. They’re my early tips for a relegation battle next season.

No such concerns about us so, although I agree it’s been a horrible season, I reckon we’ll sign off with a win. 3-1, with Norris L getting at least one.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don’t want to pee on anyone’s chips, but after being unwell for the Bradford game, I will be at this one….

Wonder if any of the absentees will be back, obviously not Walker or Turnbull after their operations.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We are in good form and Accy are not. I’m daring to suggest a win. That would be nice for the travelling fans and ONIGP, although it doesn’t really matter much.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Per Nigel's interview, everybody is available for selection bar the two players who have had operations. If that is the case, it will be interesting to see whether Davies / Yarney / Wood return or the rookies retain their places at the back.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
A win to give some more cheer and more importantly momentum going into next season saunders to go goal crazy and score for two games in a row. Apter to sign off with a brilliant game and Rover's to win 2-0

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Per Nigel's interview, everybody is available for selection bar the two players who have had operations. If that is the case, it will be interesting to see whether Davies / Yarney / Wood return or the rookies retain their places at the back.
Suppose it depends on whether any firm decisions have been made both in terms of the player for example Wood not wanting a new contract for geographic reasons, or those Nigel hasn't made his mind up on a new contract eg Belehouan.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Problem is if they want to bring quality players in we need as much wages free as possible so can we afford to have a couple of young players who yes have played in the last few games but be realistic would you want them against some of the better attacking teams. We need to move a load on and as Nigel says have 25 players who can play 40 games a season

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It’s a difficult balance. We’re all agreed that the squad was too big this season. However unless we can recruit quality players who are good in more than one position, given our lack of a proper academy, think it’s inevitable one or two of the trimmed down squad are going to be mainly there as cover.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
22 out field with 16 needed on matchdays could easily lead to a bench that is light. We haven't really had an injury crisis recently?

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
It’s a difficult balance. We’re all agreed that the squad was too big this season. However unless we can recruit quality players who are good in more than one position, given our lack of a proper academy, think it’s inevitable one or two of the trimmed down squad are going to be mainly there as cover.
I think that the squad was too big, but also, not enough quality other than the eight or nine first picks.
It's fine if you have two choices for every position with those who could play in different positions if needed.
But if the quality isn't stronger than this season. Another hard season ahead.
We just can't rely on the same players all the time to keep us in contention and away from trouble.
Having no reserves or youth to help those not first picks, to get valuable match minutes, will always be a problem.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
1-0! Luke Norris fires in after a short free kick. Lovely strike

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Didn’t last long. Accy head in a corner 1-1

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
When we lined up for kick off it was noticeable we do have some small players so they may target us from set pieces